What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

just picked up these from the bay, shhh not told missus.

I have no idea about the Gillette on the left, selling as NOS has diamond Gillette logo on head, and looks in great condition made in England,
razor on left is a tech slim flat end handle and again looks in great condition complete with blade case also made in England
will see how they look/shave on receipt....

Two beautiful English Techs!

The one on the left is a '50s Tech, and the one on the right is a Flat Bottom Tech from the '40s.

Enjoy! :thumbup1:

just picked up these from the bay, shhh not told missus.
I have no idea about the Gillette on the left, selling as NOS has diamond Gillette logo on head, and looks in great condition made in England,
razor on left is a tech slim flat end handle and again looks in great condition complete with blade case also made in England
will see how they look/shave on receipt....

Good! Congrats!:thumbup1:

Today I shaved with an English Tech like yours (on the right...). Mild and efficient!

Last edited:
I just got this in yesterday and thought I'd share. This is the Schick "Krona" adjustable. Very little information is known on it as far as production time, exact year of manufacture, etc. It has no markings on it i.e Schick, Eversharp, Krona. But it's clearly a Schick Krona model. It is heavier than a regular Krona and is definitely more solid feeling in the hand. Not the hollow cheap plastic feel you get with a Krona. The dial goes from 1-9 like the Gillette 195 and Slim adjustable. When turned past the #9 setting the knob springs up to become flush with the base of the handle and at the same time the doors spring open. You pull the knob back down closing the doors simultaneously and adjust from 9-1 while the doors are closed.

This is NOT a prototype.

It is a clean and polished version that was made to be sold. This was definitely a production razor that was most likely sold by Schick in small numbers and in test market sectors to compete with the Gillette Slim adjustable. There is only one other known in existence. I wanted to snap some pictures for posterity and for your viewing pleasure. No I have not shaved with it, and I do not plan to. I am also not revealing how i came by this razor.
View attachment 660875

Congratulations !!!
Very unusual !

Couple pick ups today.

proxy.php

Nice! :thumbup1: Was it originally silver?

Yup, nickel plate.. Only on the bottom of the bottom plate and between the teeth.
Had some narly scratches on the head to, had to buff out from 400grit.

I can live with the copper/brass look for now. :001_smile

Last edited:
Yup, nickel plate.. Only on the bottom of the bottom plate and between the teeth.
Had some narly scratches on the head to, had to buff out from 400grit.

I can live with the copper/brass look for now. :001_smile

Those 2-piece RFB NEWs were silver plated.

That's a superb shaver, I think you'll love it. [emoji106]

Top Bottom