What's new

Item of the Week 9/9- Palmolive Shave Stick

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Hello to all.

This will be the twenty-ninth in a series of "item of the week" threads that I am promoting in the general shave discussion forum.
The rules:

1. It is very simple. Use the item of the week for the week that it is scheduled and post your thoughts on that item in its thread.
  2. Everything else in your shave line-up may be rotated at will, but keep the featured item of the week as part of each shave.
  3. The weeks will start on Monday and end on Saturday. Sunday could be a free day, or an overlap day for the next week or whatever.

The twenty-ninth featured item of the week will be Palmolive Shave Stick

As am i, palmolive is a very good soap and the scent is fresh even though i actually lika arko better (had to say it just to get the haters going :001_tt2:)

I have some on its way, but I am not sure if it will make it before then end of next week.

$2013-09-08T10-01-09_0.jpg

Does anyone know, is the german-made palmolive stick only sold in these listed countries?
If not, does colgage-palmolive sell a different shave stick in Italy, France or Spain??
Thx!

I would if mine would get here with my Semogue 1470... Seems to be bouncing around the local USPS depot according to the tracking :cursing:

IOTW, Palmolive shave stick, Sep 8th, 2013
So, let's try this stick and see what it's like.
Prep with shower.
Palmolive shave stick, face lathered (first time for me) with Kent BK4
EJ DE87 with a Sputnik (!) blade
After, cool water rinse, then Floris Santal sandalwood A/S and a little EDT
Very London-y and Jermyn St., I suppose?

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Monday's shave:

Palmolive Stick
Simpson Emperor 2 in Super
EJ DE 89 with Weber Bulldog Handle w/Astra SP blade (on day 2)
Thayer's Rosepetal Witch Hazel
Alt-Innsbruck AS (from a sample from Garry's)

I bought a couple of Palmolive Sticks a while ago, because of all the love they get (and they're cheap, too, even in the US), but haven't used it until now. I don't know what I was waiting for! Nice, clean scent. Thick and slick lather. Exploded nicely on my face. Plenty of lather for two passes and a touch up on the jaw line and neck. BBS (and I don't usually wind up with those)!!!

It's gonna be a great week!

Monday's shave:

Palmolive Stick
Vulfix 404 Grosvenor Badger / Boar Mix
Gillette Rocket HD + Voskhod Teflon (on day 7)
Alum Bar
Prosaro Eucalyptus & Menthol splash AS
Usher VIP Balm

Swapped out my usual Arko for the Palmolive, whipped up a great lather with slightly less cushion than the Arko, but the green stick has a better odour. Resulted in a DFS with just 2 passes and touch ups.

With the Palmolive costing just ten bob (50p) for a 50g stick at my local Asda supermarket, there's no soap that's better value in the UK.

Yes, the Palmolive stick is a great value in the UK, as well as US.
It paired well with other Brit pals for shave after gym today.
And only had to walk around the corner to St James.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice UK themed shaves! Canada post estimates my Palmolive will arrive tomorrow, I don't think that's going to happen but its a nice thought.

Top Bottom