What's new

<<< SOTD “Obscure Shaving Gear/Den Diving/Archaeology Week” January 8th to 14th, 2024 >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dolomiti - Razorock - Ming Shi2000 S - Eddison - Grey Flannel
IMG20240114083039.jpg

Sun 14
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann The Full Measure of Man
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Titan ACRM-2
Long ignored soap & balm set. Superb lather qualities and a long-lasting strong scent...
This razor was long-ignored too because the edge was not satisfactory...couldn't even tree-top. Finally, have the time to put it through the full diamond balsa progression and finish on the HBA. The resulting shave was very nice...buttery smooth and crisply keen...
20240114_162922.jpg

Sunday 14th January

New Forest Tubby 1 in Super - RazoRock 'The Dead Sea' - DS-Legend/Feather Professional - 4711 Jasmine

First use of the Legend. Very little blade exposure and it was difficult to 'dial in'. On this outing certainly not a 1 or 2 pass razor.....I may have to move to a Super Pro.. The result was good enough...but I had to work at it.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
Frank Shaving Syn.
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
Another rainy day. ☹ This is my 7th shave with the Feather AS-D2 razor and Feather blade. I’m curious how many more shaves I will get with this combo. Another smooth, close shave but the blade is not as sharp. Today’s brush is a synthetic made by Frank Shaving. It is not one of my favorite brushes because it has very little backbone. The Williams was used for the 39th time. A perfect shave. Have a great day and week, folks.

ZsHrbd9.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: D.R. Harris H3 Best Badger
Cream: Fitjar Islands Folgefonn (plus 5 menthol drops)
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Aussie Spoiler (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Barrister and Mann Arctique Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Duru Lemon EdC

Very hot weather here in Perth called for a cooling shave.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday shave, January 14 2024

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur SE 50mm or AC type + Yaqi Milano 316SSP handle. Mfg 2021>, mild to tame mid range. Simple blade clamping system with nice finish in chrome. I like to work on a wash cloth because parts are small to me anyways. One of my favorite SE razors + affordable.
Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Schick proline (1) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Michell's wool fat, very mild clean scent with excellent lather qualities. Makes excellent ubber lather with other creams also.
Brush : Yaqi "Moka express" 24 mm Husky knot. Excellent lather generator, heavenly luxury cloud like soft tips,
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : FINE fresh vetiver :001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Excalibur SE razor with a Schick proline blade. For dry cold weather my shaves have been stellar lately.
SOTD Januray 14 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Sunday Morning Shaving Salutations

By far my nicest Empire Razor. The Silver plating is hardly worn and it just looks almost new.
If you don't have a Palmolive Shave stick or cream in your repertoire you don't know what you're missing.
Sixth shave on the blade and it is still sharp and efficient. All in all a Great Shave !!

Wilkinson Sword Empire Razor
GEM Personna SS PTFE Blade (6X)
Palmolive Shave Cream
AP ShaveCo G5C Knot Brush
7 Potencias Splash On
BRUT Aftershave

C7F1962E-902C-4470-BC69-46072D59DB3E-compressed.jpeg

Brush: RV “Pug” @Rudy Vey this handle gets more & more gorgeous over time,
DG B15 26mm this is my favorite DG knot.
Blade: Timor (6), perfect could easily have used it more shaves, but decided to change it
Soap: GD “Luxor” Kairos SE 2023, one of the 3 SE‘s that I kept.
Razor: WR2 Ti SB 1.25 w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle

This was an absolutely beautiful shave 🪒 this morning, everything was perfect 👍

🥇💯🥇💯

IMG_3982.jpeg

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom