What's new

what's Your Favourite Coffee Coloured Ink

i have only tried Waterman Havana Brown.
i would like to try De Atramentis Ocher Yellow at some point, though as the milk-chocolate colour seems lovely.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I'm having a hard time liking brown inks. Most of the ones I have tried have a reddish tinge to them that, on the yellow note paper that I always use, makes them look sort of "sickly". I felt the same way about Noodler's red-black.

One that I like, though, is Noodler's Polar Brown.

I love brown inks. I use the following three on pretty regular basis: Pilot Iroshizuku Yama-guri, Waterman Absolute Brown, and Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Brown. I also have some Montblanc Carlo Collodi "brown" but that's more orange or gold than actual brown.

Sigh... as much as I would love to have a whole inventory of browns, I've not yet had the opportunity to try one. I think the right shade of brown could become a daily writer for me.

Why brown? I can understand other colours give some "life" to the page. Brown is so...BLAH... I just don't see the appeal. I've not tried any brown inks so it's not first hand knowledge, I have no desire to either. Almost every other colour out there I've seen at least one example that screams out "Try Me!!", nothing from any brown so far.

Cheers,

M.

I've got two brown inks...Noodler's Kiowa Pecan and Organics Studio Foggy Bottom. Of the two, I usually go for the more-saturated Noodler's.

I had almost mixed up a cup of lather an a caramel macchiato thank goodness I don't have any coffee flavoured soap (do they even male that ?) And I got thinking to coffee coloured ink, but I have tested some before and on off white champagne GLalo paper it does look nice

Another vote for Waterman Havana Brown. The price is right, it dries quickly, and it has great shading when used with wider nibs. I really like the stuff!

Herbins Cafe de iles and PR Chocolate...

As for Soap.... Good enough to eat....SCS Mochaccino.. I have 4 extra pucks as I will not run out of it. Giving one the 3017 treatment right now

Herbins Cafe de iles and PR Chocolate...

As for Soap.... Good enough to eat....SCS Mochaccino.. I have 4 extra pucks as I will not run out of it. Giving one the 3017 treatment right now
Herbins Cafe is now on my list,.....

and for the record so is SCS Mochaccino, oops cept i see SCS doesnt ship up north no more,... well that was a cruel unexpected window shop lol

Diamine Saddle Brown and Visconti Sepia are nice. Consider the former "black" and the latter "cafe au lait".

guess the question is, do you prefer your ink dark, or with a little cream,..uh... in colour i mean

Top Bottom