What's new

What is your favorite Gillette NEW?

There are two that I would like to find. The fang tab capital I pin flat bottom. And a "winged" round pin. Then I need to find Minora and Nacet stamped versions to go with my 7 O'Clock and Rubie versions.

There are two that I would like to find. The fang tab capital I pin flat bottom. And a "winged" round pin. Then I need to find Minora and Nacet stamped versions to go with my 7 O'Clock and Rubie versions.

Yeah, I forgot about that winged round pins, and the T pins ... I want that one too. I am not even bothering with Minora and Nacet versions ... :lol:

I knew this thread was a bad idea. :bored:

Oh, and do you remember that Grom set, in the green bakelite case? :ohmy::001_tt1:

I think something is messed up with this thread ... I saw a new comment on the feed, clicked to open but leads me to post #1 ... and I don't see the new comment here. :confused1

D'oh! I forgot about the T pin. I have one in the collection I'm pretty sure it's the Rubie. I'll dig it out and take a new comparison shot this weekend.

And who could forget that beautiful GROM. :drool:

$20frkk.jpg
$iwre2t.jpg

Second time is the charm.

Capitol I plate British New, it doesn't have the corresponding Capitol I cap. It came with the correct case, so I guess it is probably the cap it originally came with. BTW, it ain't perfect, but it also ain't leaving my den anytime soon.

Collecting all the variants has proven to be a hard task, some people here have been doing it for years and when they think they've gathered them all, a new version pops up ...

But if you want to see NEWs:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/359924-What-is-your-favorite-Gillette-NEW

As Yogi says, it's déjà vu all over again!

BTW, I'm with you on the English Goodwill. It's OK, but not angelic. I'm more into the RFB razors.
That said, I really hope Jeff will be back soon teasing and hyping and enabling ...

Tres Hombres
Stripped US NEW LC w/ UFO Colibri
English Flat Bottom w ATT Atlas
DLC Deluxe OC w/ Tuckaway*
$IMG_1457.jpg
*I know it is not technically a NEW, but I like this Stainless Steel version of the DeLuxe Tuckaway Norfolk too much not to list it in my lineup.

:laugh: yeah yeah I know, but doesn't it help if I don't mention the company name? :wink2:

I have the actual NEW this is copied off of, but I find the extra weight of the Stainless and the DLC coating to give a nicer shave. I hope I'm not suspended from the group for saying so :blush:

:laugh: yeah yeah I know, but doesn't it help if I don't mention the company name? :wink2:

I have the actual NEW this is copied off of, but I find the extra weight of the Stainless and the DLC coating to give a nicer shave. I hope I'm not suspended from the group for saying so :blush:

:lol:

Of course, use whatever you like! You know I was just kidding anyway.

But seriously, nice razors, I especially like the Colibri handle! :thumbup1:

Grøm ...

proxy.php

Why? Because nobody else has one :D

As a razor, it's great - a twin pin by another name would be as sweet.

This one was posted a while back. Are these images of your set or is this a different set? The green case is beautiful, fantastic set all around. :thumbup:

I would just like to add a couple of pictures of a GROM open comb NEW style razor, it belongs to a friend of mine and it is exactly like the 7 O'clock sets and the Gillette NEW sets, It must have been part of the Gillette company somewhere along the line - It has to be one of the nicest sets I have seen in a while

View attachment 498133View attachment 498134

Last edited:
Top Bottom