What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

Has anyone tried Synergy's unscented or menthol pre shave Butter Balm? Just ordered the menthol, the ingredients look great! Gonna try this post shave as well

I have the unscented butter balm. It's a good product, but, because I'm not a preshave oil user, so haven't found it that necessary. If applied too heavily, it also gunked up my razor a bit, but that was probably mostly user error. I don't use it much any more, partly because I dropped it and broke the twist mechanism that pushes the balm up.

It does work really well as a general moisturizer/aftershave product for especially dry areas, although it's a little greasy.

If you are a pre-shave oil fan, I suspect that you'll find it a useful, easy to use product. If not, you'll find that it lasts you a long time because you won't use it too much.

I have the unscented butter balm. It's a good product, but, because I'm not a preshave oil user, so haven't found it that necessary. If applied too heavily, it also gunked up my razor a bit, but that was probably mostly user error. I don't use it much any more, partly because I dropped it and broke the twist mechanism that pushes the balm up.

It does work really well as a general moisturizer/aftershave product for especially dry areas, although it's a little greasy.

If you are a pre-shave oil fan, I suspect that you'll find it a useful, easy to use product. If not, you'll find that it lasts you a long time because you won't use it too much.

Thanks for the info!! :thumbup:I thought their shave soap was going to be greasy with all the butters and oils, but I love it. Hopefully I will like the pre-shave as well.

By the leather-wrapped handle of Grabthar's Hammer, by the beards of both Zeus and Thor, by the trident of Poseidon, what a soap. Seriously. What a slick, nourishing, protective soap.

On Thursday, my package from Italian Barber came in. It had a couple of packs of Feather blades in it, and an 8 oz. tub of Synergy in Cavendish fragrance. My Gillette Yellows are starting to turn on me, and the next step up is Feather. I've learned I like a sharp blade, and when last I tried Feathers they were too much. But I digest.

Ecstatic that my faith was justified, I was eager for Friday morning's shave. I used my Simpson Persian Jar 2, a Gillette Super Speed, and a Yellow. My pre-shave was AOS pre-shave gel as soon as I got out of the shower, and it sat and worked while I toweled off. I was going to use Marco's Method, but at thirty seconds I had a super-loaded brush and decided to stop loading there. I moved to my bowl and started whipping, and Whoa Nelly! did it build easily, much easier than just about any other soap I can think of except, maybe, Mama Bear's soaps. The tub is gigantic, almost too big! It was incredibly easy loading, but I had to be careful that it didn't slop all over the bathroom counter.

The lather was slick, protective, and super-nourishing for my face. After WTG and XTG, with some very minor ATG touch-up, I relathered while I cleaned up and put my stuff away. I followed with RR ASB, which tingled slightly as I massaged it in.

I am a big-enough man to admit to faceturbating throughout the day, marveling at how soft and nourished my skin felt. I have used RRASB before, but it never felt like this!

As for the fragrance of Synergy Cavendish: it smelled like a high-end artificial fragrance. It didn't smell chemical-y, but it didn't have that robust fragrance that I would normally associate with pipe tobacco. While definitely artificial, it didn't make the back of my throat burn. I'm certainly glad I chose Cavendish, because I feel it would go with whatever aftershave and fragrance I could possibly decide to wear.

I am a panna crema/tallow lover and since I got the gondolier I have only gone back to panna crema once and wish I didnt. I just couldnt get it as slick as this stuff.....and the damn post shave feels amazing, I was shocked how moisturized my face felt. Just got the beach but unfortunately I bought off the site and not off italian barber and contrary to everyone saying its a couple days shipping from their site to canada I still wait....every day...biting my nails...waiting to try it

Tried the Lavender and Cedar again today. Either I'm getting used to it, or the scent isn't as strong as it was the first time. But it is more pleasant to me than originally thought.

It lathers awesome and helps provide a great shave. It will be replacing Kell's as my go-to soap.

I am a big-enough man to admit to faceturbating throughout the day, marveling at how soft and nourished my skin felt.

Okay. I learned a new word today. :thumbup: "Faceturbating!" Rather apt. A meme is soon to follow! :)

These soaps provide an excellent lather and they'd be among my favorites but for the fact that they burn my face. The unscented, which is great, is the only one I can use. I wish they'd develop something using only essential oils.

Top Bottom