What's new

Bay Rum Soap/Cream/AS - Item of the Week 7/15/13

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Hello to all.

This will be the twenty first in a series of "item of the week" threads that I am promoting in the general shave discussion forum.
The rules:

1. It is very simple. Use the item of the week for the week that it is scheduled and post your thoughts on that item in its thread.
  2. Everything else in your shave line-up may be rotated at will, but keep the featured item of the week as part of each shave.
  3. The weeks will start on Monday and end on Saturday. Sunday could be a free day, or an overlap day for the next week or whatever.

The twenty first featured item of the week will be
Bay Rum soap/cream/as

Unfortunately, I am not participating:sad: but I am interested in what Bay Rum AS everyone uses. I want to pull the trigger on one soon.

Sweet!

I will use either my Ogallala Bay Rum Sage & Cedar or Pyrates cove Bay Rhum & Lime for lather, and finish with either Cat O Nine Tails or Captains Choice Lime this week.

And when I poop, I will use the Ogallala Bay Rum Air Freshener they sent me with my sample kit (but I wont post pictures for that one) :laugh:

I accidentally started a day early :facep:

mikes bay rum soap
masters bay rum aftershave :pirate:

finally got a really good lather from one of my samples of mikes natural soaps :thumbup: Great shave. Masters bay rum gave essentially no burn--felt really smooth and soothing. Not a scent I could use every day but it feels really nice.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I accidentally started a day early :facep:

mikes bay rum soap
masters bay rum aftershave :pirate:

finally got a really good lather from one of my samples of mikes natural soaps :thumbup: Great shave. Masters bay rum gave essentially no burn--felt really smooth and soothing. Not a scent I could use every day but it feels really nice.
Sunday is a free day! No worries!

You are just gearing up for the week.

Sweet!

I will use either my Ogallala Bay Rum Sage & Cedar or Pyrates cove Bay Rhum & Lime for lather, and finish with either Cat O Nine Tails or Captains Choice Lime this week.

And when I poop, I will use the Ogallala Bay Rum Air Freshener they sent me with my sample kit (but I wont post pictures for that one) :laugh:

lolol!!! Hi DD,
I like Ogalala Bay Rum(Peppercorns and Lime) also. John , the owner is a great guy to deal with. Also I'll be using Mikes Natural Bay Rum. Also Ogalala Edt/c Pepper corns and lime! Enjoy the bay folks!:bayrum2::bayrum2::badger::ladysman:

btw--Hi Toothpick , nice to meet ya'!:thumbup:

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
lolol!!! Hi DD,
I like Ogalala Bay Rum(Peppercorns and Lime) also. John , the owner is a great guy to deal with. Also I'll be using Mikes Natural Bay Rum. Also Ogalala Edt/c Pepper corns and lime! Enjoy the bay folks!:bayrum2::bayrum2::badger::ladysman:

btw--Hi Toothpick , nice to meet ya'!:thumbup:
Howdy coolbus18! Nice to meet you as well!

I am all ready to go, and even going to carry over last weeks SOC.
Just waiting for the stupid hair to grow in...:sad: LOL
$P7140013.jpg

Ahoy, me too, mates!
Although, like Chris, it might take a couple days for whiskers to grow back!
The Feather AC DX shaved so incredibly close the past few days!

$pirates-D8C_1912s.jpg

I'm ready for this one! I've got Mike's Bay Rum, QCS Cayman cream, Al's Calypso or Ogalala Bay Rum & Sandalwood soap. For AS, I can choose from: Ogalala, Stephan's (my favorite), Krampert's, Captain's Choice or Aubrey Organics Spice Island Balm (another great one!).

Gonna be a fun week!

Last week's SOC was my first forray into Item of the Week. I gotta sit this one out, though. Too much rum in my younger and wilder days (ha!) has turned me off of the stuff for good.
I am all ready to go, and even going to carry over last weeks SOC.
Just waiting for the stupid hair to grow in...:sad: LOL
Really nice setup you have there. That's awesome. What's the story with the JD die?

Last week's SOC was my first forray into Item of the Week. I gotta sit this one out, though. Too much rum in my younger and wilder days (ha!) has turned me off of the stuff for good.

Really nice setup you have there. That's awesome. What's the story with the JD die?

I use the die as a counter for how many shaves I got out of a particular blade. It usually doesn't go past six, but IF it does I have a second one in the medicine cabinet :wink2:

Ogallala bay rum a/s. Waiting on Mikes Bayrum scented soap. He's been behind on orders since his move to MI recently.
comments to follow but i found I liked the regular bay rum a/s over the lime. But I do not have anything to compare to. Been wanting to sample Captain's Choice and Pinaud.

Top Bottom