What's new

Semogue Owner's Club (SOC) - all varieties - Item of the Week 7/8/13

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Hello to all.

This will be the twentieth in a series of "item of the week" threads that I am promoting in the general shave discussion forum.
The rules:

1. It is very simple. Use the item of the week for the week that it is scheduled and post your thoughts on that item in its thread.
  2. Everything else in your shave line-up may be rotated at will, but keep the featured item of the week as part of each shave.
  3. The weeks will start on Monday and end on Saturday. Sunday could be a free day, or an overlap day for the next week or whatever.

The twentieth featured item of the week will be Semogue Owner's Club (SOC) - all
varieties.

and my SOC just showed up after being AWOL for a few days...

full

Did Dennis take vacation or get inundated with work??

Last edited by a moderator:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Did Dennis take vacation or get inundated with work??
Work has taken over for the time being. Your friendly stew team will be lending a hand for a little bit.
Sorry I should have mentioned this.
Same great times though!!

Let's make him proud while he's swamped at work! :thumbup:

IOTW, Sunday afternoon, July 7th
Semogue Owner's Club shave brush

So, having to shave this afternoon for evening dinner with friends.
Let's call it Three Clubs!

Prep with shower and Musgo Glyce
Musgo lavender shave cream uber Mitchell's Woolfat
(The Musgo cream is nice, great lavender scent, but for me, it thins fast, so I use it over the MWF.)
Semogue Owners Club badger + Feather Artists Club with Feather Lite blade
Two passes, then little touchup with the Weber DE
Iced washcloth rinse + alum swipe + Pinaud Clubman AS
Smear of AOS Lavender AS balm
Nice being in the Club!

full

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
IOTW, Sunday afternoon, July 7th
Semogue Owner's Club shave brush

So, having to shave this afternoon for evening dinner with friends.
Let's call it Three Clubs!

Prep with shower and Musgo Glyce
Musgo lavender shave cream uber Mitchell's Woolfat
(The Musgo cream is nice, great lavender scent, but for me, it thins fast, so I use it over the MWF.)
Semogue Owners Club badger + Feather Artists Club with Feather Lite blade
Two passes, then little touchup with the Weber DE
Iced washcloth rinse + alum swipe + Pinaud Clubman AS
Smear of AOS Lavender AS balm
Nice being in the Club!

full
The Club man!

Excellent! I'm in with a brand spanking new cherry boar as well.

No time like the present to start getting this beast broken in!

SOC Week, as it happens, coincides with the death of my tub of Cella. I've been giving it the 3017 treatment since February, and after months of never-ending lathers, it finally started to substantially drop in the last week or two. Here's what I saw when I went to shave tonight:

And this is the scene post-SOC. Breakthrough!

Usually I like Cella with my Duke 3, but I thought I'd switch back to the SOC for this week's festivities. I find Cella likes a little more water than the SOC wants to give when I face lather. Sure enough, I found myself dipping the tips a few times to get it hydrated. I had a healthy 3-pass shave and the brush gave good coverage with rich, full lather for all three passes. There wasn't much waste, either.

I've been on a SOC kick lately. Between the boar and the '12 SE I've had some fine shaves. I do sometimes regret selling my 2-band though.

The lone remaining SOC in my rotation is the Special Edition and I will use it at least every other day this week. The badger was too scritcy for me and the boar is just too big of a knot for me to use comfortably. If the SOC boar came with a smaller knot or splayed less it would be the king boar of my den, unfortunately its size has it on deck to be sold. I look forward to focusing on the SE this week as I really haven't formed an opinion on it yet.

Alright, I must of misread something about the "owner's club" and only paid attention to the Semogue part :lol:. Anyhow as I just received my 620 the other day and broke it in today I'll post some shots.

First up is the 620 beauty after the shave and the bristles still wet.

$_DSC8419.jpg

The following shot is a macro of the wet bristles.

$_DSC8421.jpg

Even though the 620 is smaller than the SOC (Height: 95mm, Knot: 21mm V.S. Height: 116mm, Knot: 24mm) it performed marvelously building nice lather on the face using Mitchell's Woolfat Soap. Anyhow, I'd like to continue posting this week with the 620; if you guys don't object. Have a great shave!

Last edited:
The only thing that could tear me away from my beloved M&F Chief this week was my SOC boar.
Great shave this morning.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Top Bottom