What's new

Lets see your torches

I have been bitten by the custom retina burner bug over the past few weeks. Lets see your lights, whatever you got.

Here's my Macs Customs Tri-EDC. 839 lumens on high.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I am partial to these little buggers. I use em with the brigade, and they are quite awesome little lights. Clip it to your jacket, and it will easily illuminate a room. Not to mention it will survive in excess of 600*C... more than you will...
$opplanet-streamlight-survivor-led-flashlights-08.jpg

I am partial to these little buggers. I use em with the brigade, and they are quite awesome little lights. Clip it to your jacket, and it will easily illuminate a room. Not to mention it will survive in excess of 600*C... more than you will...
View attachment 345331

We use those at work and yes they are very tough lights. I have drop a few off cat walks and the still work.

$photo-37.jpg
Golf pencil for scale.

I've had this little Streamlight since '09. It takes a single AAA that lasts forever, is more than bright enough for my purposes, and is just big enough not to get lost in a jacket or backpack pocket. Great little flashlight.

I have a couple of Maglite that I find adequate for my needs.
I also have a Sidewinder by Streamlight that I am happy with, although is nothing fancy:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

While camping we each have Black Diamond Orbit that we like very much:

Also a bunch of headlamps that we constantly rotate and have no preferences.

Last edited by a moderator:
My old Nitecore,that helped through a few months on Mount Kilimanjaro.A tough little single cell pocket torch.

Attachments

• $mirriam 071.jpg
    $mirriam 071.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 355
View attachment 345462
Golf pencil for scale.

I've had this little Streamlight since '09. It takes a single AAA that lasts forever, is more than bright enough for my purposes, and is just big enough not to get lost in a jacket or backpack pocket. Great little flashlight.

I have one of these also. It's a dry nice and compact light, I keep it in my bag for work at the moment.

And that sidewinder looks very cool too.

Long time Fenix user here. Not shown are a single AA and single AAA that my wife uses or has lost. :sleep:

From L to R

TK22, LD20, TK20, E21

The TK22 is my newest and first speciality battery light and it's amazing. Now that I'm set up to use the 18650 batteries with a charger, I'll likely add some more of these lights as they are more powerful and don't use up all our Eneloop AA's

$IMG_7954.jpg

Last edited:
We have those Survivor lights at work. They are very tough lights and no they aren't cheap at all.

Some very nice torches here.

These are my two lights that get used on a regular basis. The top light is perfect for all sorts of things; the dog loves it because its appearance often means she'll be going for a walk at night. The headlamp is a fantastic design. The knob on the right operates some sort of potentiometer, so the light is infinitely adjustable from somewhere around 1 lumen to its max of 75. I wish it were a bit brighter on the high end, but it's great for almost all backpacking and camping duties.

$IMG_0449.jpg

Realize that about he Streamlights, I have a few, but all the straight models. Excellent units but all pricy.

Ahh sorry perhaps I misunderstood your question then... the best place I know of is through a fire supply store... but perhaps you can get non-fireproof ones on the civvy end too..

Fenix PD32 for manual carry and 170 1.5 inch compact for the key chain.

Attachments

• $lights.jpg
    $lights.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 304
These are my two lights that get used on a regular basis. The top light is perfect for all sorts of things; the dog loves it because its appearance often means she'll be going for a walk at night. The headlamp is a fantastic design. The knob on the right operates some sort of potentiometer, so the light is infinitely adjustable from somewhere around 1 lumen to its max of 75. I wish it were a bit brighter on the high end, but it's great for almost all backpacking and camping duties.

View attachment 345975

I really like the fury. I got a clip for mine from prometheus lights and a new body from oveready so it will take 18650's. Those are a couple of small mods that improve the flashlight greatly. I've been using AW 3400maH 18650's and the runtime has increased as well over the standard primary cell cr123 batteries.

As far as the headlamp is concerned. I am a self admitted surefire fanboy, but I call 'em like I see 'em. I own the surefire maximus headlamp and its only drawback is hat it is only rechargeable with no user serviceable cell. Once it dies, it can't be used until it has been recharged. That really isn't great for my purposes which include needing a bright headlamp for hours at a time. So, I bought the surefire minimus AA headlamp as backup because it ,at least, uses AA batteries which are ubiquitous. The minimus AA only works well with Li ion AA cells as opposed to alkaline, which it will drain rapidly. So, if I may recommend something, I'd like to suggest the spark SD6-500CW.
This is the 500Lu version, there are also a few lesser output models, but I like maximum output. The SD6 is similar to spark's ST-6 except that the SD6 is the flood version of the ST model, but if you notice in the picture, there is a lens adaptor which screws in and out so you have a flood light option and a beam option. It also came with a couple of extra o-rings, a clip for the light so it has some versatility, and a magnetic disk that screw into one end of the light so it can be attached magnetically to surfaces. It is plenty bright. with four modes of output. It doesn't have a nice knob like a surefire, but you hold down the button until you achieve the desired illumination and it will remember it so that when you turn it on again, it illuminates to the chosen output. Double clicking the switch will put it directly into super mode which is its max output. It also runs off one 18650.

More lights.

Last edited:
Top Bottom