What's new

Nib Acquisitions for June 2013

This month's winner! That's an oldie. I hope you gave something for it.

They didn't want anything for it, so we bought some other items from their sale to try and make up the "difference" :biggrin1:. It's good karma coming back to me for passing on some nice road pedals to a co-worker so he can try a new platform I think. Every time I give to someone or some group I end up finding something that I have been looking for in a month or two.

They didn't want anything for it, so we bought some other items from their sale to try and make up the "difference" :biggrin1:. It's good karma coming back to me for passing on some nice road pedals to a co-worker so he can try a new platform I think. Every time I give to someone or some group I end up finding something that I have been looking for in a month or two.

Good on ya! What goes around, comes around...as my Father used to say :)

Picked up a Kaweco Dia2 with EF nib and chrome accents (sweet writer), some Kaweco Sepia cartridges, and a bottle each of F-C Olde Emerald and Syrah Syrah. Expecting the arrival of sample vials, syringes, and silicone grease from Goulet tomorrow. I won't even bother trying to claim I'm done for the month - I'm sure I'd be kidding myself.

Reviews coming soon.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I've been gritting my teeth and trying to resist.

Ok I had to do it. I have been carrying a space pen for a few years. From the inception of the Nib as a forum I've been attracted to the posts about the Kaweco Sport.

Ok I gave in. I've never seen a pic of the Kaweco Sport against the Space Pen so here it is.

$Two Pens.jpg

In some ways it was not what I expected. I thought it would be a little larger and from a heaver material . . . but . . . guess what It grows on you quickly. I bought three packages of cartridges. Yes it will hold a heck of a load when eyedroppered.

I've been gritting my teeth and trying to resist.

Ok I had to do it. I have been carrying a space pen for a few years. From the inception of the Nib as a forum I've been attracted to the posts about the Kaweco Sport.

Ok I gave in. I've never seen a pic of the Kaweco Sport against the Space Pen so here it is.

View attachment 339672

In some ways it was not what I expected. I thought it would be a little larger and from a heaver material . . . but . . . guess what It grows on you quickly. I bought three packages of cartridges. Yes it will hold a heck of a load when eyedroppered.
How is the light in your corner of the rabbit hole?:)

That's sweet! Even if you have to pay to have the filling mechanism restored, it's still a great bargain...and an awesome pen!

Yup. I have a blue and a silver vac that need rebuilt as well. I've never purchased a gold one before because they are usually more than I'm willing to shell out for. Hopefully I'll get all three sent off to Danny F. this summer.

Yup. I have a blue and a silver vac that need rebuilt as well. I've never purchased a gold one before because they are usually more than I'm willing to shell out for. Hopefully I'll get all three sent off to Danny F. this summer.
Danny's got a blue one of mine right now...should be getting it back soon.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
How is the light in your corner of the rabbit hole?:)

Well let's say I'm not trying to sell it. I actually used my good camera but it had like a minute worth of battery life and the last pics I took I purposely turned the flash off. Yeah I know . . . reasons not excuses.

It is a great little pen.

Well let's say I'm not trying to sell it. I actually used my good camera but it had like a minute worth of battery life and the last pics I took I purposely turned the flash off. Yeah I know . . . reasons not excuses.

It is a great little pen.
lol Mike I believe he is referring to you falling into the pen hole, not the picture

lol Mike I believe he is referring to you falling into the pen hole, not the picture
Yes, what James said. All pics are great, it makes an acquisition post complete. :)

I had no idea that my comment would offend you for the picture. My pictures are usually badly lit cellphone pics ;) My intent was not to offend you!!!!

Last edited:
Last night I received the first of two packages from Sweden. Unfortunately, I was late returning home so I have not had the chance to do much but open the package. Let's see if I can remember the contents. 2 NPI branded pens, 6 30ml bottles of Diamine inks and 2 packs of Visconti carts. The bottled inks are Chine Blue, Prussian Blue, Majestic Blue, Vermillion, Delamere and Jade Green. The carts are Sepia and Blue.

The second shipment is to arrive in the next day or two...then I will bust out the crappy photo-taking skills!

Last night I received the first of two packages from Sweden. Unfortunately, I was late returning home so I have not had the chance to do much but open the package. Let's see if I can remember the contents. 2 NPI branded pens, 6 30ml bottles of Diamine inks and 2 packs of Visconti carts. The bottled inks are Chine Blue, Prussian Blue, Majestic Blue, Vermillion, Delamere and Jade Green. The carts are Sepia and Blue.

The second shipment is to arrive in the next day or two...then I will bust out the crappy photo-taking skills!

I'm hoping to find my little package from Sweden this evening when I make it home too!

How long are the packages taking to arrive from Sweden?

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom

Yes, what James said. All pics are great, it makes an acquisition post complete. :)

I had no idea that my comment would offend you for the picture. My pictures are usually badly lit cellphone pics ;) My intent was not to offend you!!!!

Too funny guys. I've been a stationery addict all my life. In the days of hand drawn graphs you should have seen the graph paper you could buy. Pens, Ink, Paper, notebooks, Pencils, Erasers, Rulers, Clips, etc.

The picture was not the best but no offence taken at all. Now it seems I received a package from a Canadian web site today . . . Hmmmmm.

How was it packed.... how was it packed ? Did it come with a promotional timmies card and an apology letter ?

Top Bottom