What's new

Nib Acquisitions for June 2013

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Have at it, let's see some pics of your new Father's Day and Graduation gifts, inks, and stationery.

Just returned form the Triangle Pen Show and did well, I think:

$Pen Show 2013.jpg

An Omas Paragon, two Vacumatic pencils that match two Vacs I have, a Pelikan pencil than matches one of my M400s, and a tortoise Pelikan 400nn.

Last edited:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Just returned form the Triangle Pen Show and did well, I think: An Omas Paragon, two Vacumatic pencils that match two Vacs I have, a Pelikan pencil than matches one of my M400s, and a tortoise Pelikan 400nn.

Wow, nice stuff, congrats! 400NN is one of my favorite Pelikans, streamlined and modern for the late fifties and a little bigger. How's the nib on the Omas?

Did you good time at the event?

The nib on the Omas is fantastic! It's an 18K broad and very smooth. I don't normally go wider than a medium, but I'm loving the boldness of this one. This is my first Omas and I was able to find a vendor who specialized. There were several other Omas pens available at the show, but they were all Milords except for one beautiful Paragon special edition celluloid boxed with ink on satin, etc., that was more than I wanted to invest. There were quite a few nice vintage Pelikans, 400NN, 100N, etc., and one very nice 101N tortoise re-release.

I had a great time - learned a lot and came away a bit poorer but not sleeping on the couch. :)

Last edited:
Yippeeee...I think, lol. Won a few auctions, waiting on a few others to end today. Told youse guys that I was gonna get a Pelikan, just didn't think I'd end up with this many, ahaha. If I don't get outbid, I'll end up with a few more than these pictured :lol:

$Pelikanpenpencil.jpg
M 200 OB nib and .5mm pencil

$pelikanbluemarble.jpg

M 200 with OM nib

Last edited:
I swooped in an grabbed a Waterman X-Pen off of the bay for a low price, because the cap isn't in the best shape. Either way, it's a pretty rare pen to get a hold of and I think the worn cap gives it character. It was a pain to clean out the dried up ink, but now it's writing just fine with some Quink Black.

I love how simple the X-Pen's capillary fill system is. You just dip the nib into ink for ~10 seconds and the pen fills itself.

proxy.php

Awesome Waterman, Jason. I saw some like that one, might have to pick one up, that fill system sounds cool.

You should get one if you can find one. They're considered pretty rare since it wasn't a very successful pen for Waterman. It was their response to the Parker 61, and let's just say it wasn't a big hit at the time.

Supposedly the fill system isn't as durable as a Parker 61 either, but mine works and my father's works as well (the reason I've been looking for one is because I liked his so much). So, either we're pretty lucky or they're more durable than they get credit for.

You should get one if you can find one. They're considered pretty rare since it wasn't a very successful pen for Waterman. It was their response to the Parker 61, and let's just say it wasn't a big hit at the time.

Supposedly the fill system isn't as durable as a Parker 61 either, but mine works and my father's works as well (the reason I've been looking for one is because I liked his so much). So, either we're pretty lucky or they're more durable than they get credit for.

Thanks for the info, I love my Waterman Charleston. I'm finding that I really like the older pens, just for the nostalgic feel and look of them.

So far a pair of Pelikan m150's black with medium nibs arrived. I think my wife is going to claim one for her meeting pen since they are slender and have a soft nib.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I swooped in an grabbed a Waterman X-Pen off of the bay for a low price, because the cap isn't in the best shape. Either way, it's a pretty rare pen to get a hold of and I think the worn cap gives it character. It was a pain to clean out the dried up ink, but now it's writing just fine with some Quink Black.

Yippeeee...I think, lol. Won a few auctions, waiting on a few others to end today. Told youse guys that I was gonna get a Pelikan, just didn't think I'd end up with this many, ahaha. If I don't get outbid, I'll end up with a few more than these pictured

Nice finds, gents! The Pelikans look N.O.S.

I forgot to add they are west German vintage with derby caps. I thought they were M200's at first until I noticed they didn't have the second cap band. I'll have to post s pic later if I have time.

Nice finds, gents! The Pelikans look N.O.S.

Yeah they're clean, but I'm not sure they are N.O.S. They are coming in their boxes though, so that's a plus.

On a down note...I just got sniped on a super nice 140! Oh well, I'm chasing a couple others.

Blooze...LOVE that Parker! Wish I hadn't sold mine. Someone advised me against it, early on in my pen addiction. Now, I wish I hadn't done it, LMAO

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I forgot to add they are west German vintage with derby caps. I thought they were M200's at first until I noticed they didn't have the second cap band. I'll have to post s pic later if I have time.

Easiest way to tell is the capped length, M200 is 5" whereas the M100/150 is 4 3/4"

Congrats on those!

Top Bottom