What's new

Nib Acquisitions for June 2013

My wife surprised me with a new pen for our anniversary this year. She picked up a nice Waterman Hemishpere with a fine nib from the Penplace. It was a very nice surprise and the nib is quite smooth. It immediately replaced one of my Pelikans in my pen case!

$IMG_7342.jpg
$IMG_7344.jpg
$IMG_7343.jpg

I tried the B&B II pen. It looked great. It wrote great. It just didn't fit my paw.

I called Jim at Franklin-Christoph, told him my woes and he apologized. I told him their was nothing to apologize about. F-C built a great pen. It just didn't fit me.

Jim spent almost twenty minutes on the phone with me. He pulled out the things I wanted, the issues I had, my limited budget, and then asked me if I was willing to give this pen a try. I'm glad I said yes. It writes great. It feels great. It looks great. I just finished grading 78 essays with this pen. It handled every AWK (Awkward), NNSP (No Novel Spelling), WWYT (What Were You Thinking), GJ (Great Job), GA (Good Argument), and Well Done!

On with the pictures...

View attachment 344693

View attachment 344694

The limericks were written with the Michael Masuyama broad stub nib. F-C also shipped the nib that typically comes with this pen. I haven't tried it and my eyes can't read the size.

It's been said before but I'll say it again. Franklin-Christoph stands behind their products.

The only bad news is Sally took one look at this pen and wants to give it a try.

Guess we know where Todd gets his Nussbaum Pen Company pens! No wonder the NPC pens are great.

Just arrived today from Gouletpens. . . the new LAMY Al-Star (matte black) with fine nib. I finally purchased a blue ink and went with Noodler's Baystate Blue. I love my Safaris but I am really loving the Al-Star.

$IMG_20130627_193838.jpg$IMG_20130627_193925.jpg
WARHAWK

farm fresh acquired during lunch

In person, the barrel is grey, not so greenish like the cell phone pics make it out to be.

3 dots and a 6 is first quarter 1946?

I still need to flush it, hope it writes. I don't know yet if that is grime on the cap or brassing.

They had a Sheaffer pen set in the case up front at $50, but this one was back in the "office" area just sitting on the shelf.

-jim

Last edited by a moderator:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Since Ed and I are accused of conspiring to get folks to make pipe posts in the Nib, I thought "What the heck?" :biggrin: Seriously, though, I received a nice handwritten note along with some tobacco samples. The paper and envelope are G. Lalo. The paper has a nice subtle texture, and the lined envelope is a nice touch. Oh, and you may have heard a thing or two about Penzance- if it smokes half as good as it smells I am in deep trouble. I am already resolved to stocking up on Lalo paper, too.

Pelikan M805, blue-black, EF nib. :thumbup:

$IMG_0540.jpg

This pen is huge when posted; fortunately I have no issues with writing unposted. I may not get to try this out until I get back from vacation.

farm fresh acquired during lunch

In person, the barrel is grey, not so greenish like the cell phone pics make it out to be.

3 dots and a 6 is first quarter 1946?

I still need to flush it, hope it writes. I don't know yet if that is grime on the cap or brassing.

They had a Sheaffer pen set in the case up front at $50, but this one was back in the "office" area just sitting on the shelf.

-jim

Nice! Was that 4 bucks????

Pelikan M805, blue-black, EF nib. :thumbup:

View attachment 346337

This pen is huge when posted; fortunately I have no issues with writing unposted. I may not get to try this out until I get back from vacation.

Enjoy the 805, that was the exact pen that started my Pelikan collection!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so jazzed about this one I couldn't even wait to receive it before posting pics. Here are the ones I snagged from ebay.

Parker 45 Flighter Set w/ Box - Appears to have the 14k Gold Nib but I can't say for sure.

Snagged on a $25 BIN when it popped up.

$45 Flighter Set.jpg

Enjoy the 805, that was the exact pen that started my Pelikan collection!

The NOS 90s German M200 got me started on Pelikans. I'm already looking to pick up a M600 in red and an M400 in green... or maybe a 400NN in tortoise... or a 140... or.... :lol:

Some really nice scores this month! I picked up this fun one on eBay this week. Original Lamy Safari packaging from the early 80s when it was launched. For white pens, the plastic end pieces where white. Same pen/packaging matching with green and orange.

Interior shot...

Two-fer! Original box, plus a promo pen. This specimen is a rollerball.

First time I've seen the W. Germany stamp on the barrel of the Safari...

…usually it is just on the end cap.

Sweet! Just after posting the Lamy, my mailman knocked on the door with a new-to-me Aurora Optima…

…making it a pair.

Top Bottom