What's new

Video Reference Requests, and Discussion

To Keep the videos all together and easier to find, We separated out the talk and will keep the discussions here from now on

If you have any requests, or comments feel free to drop your comments below fellas

I'll bring the request from the deleted part over here.

I would like to see a video on how, and how long to burn a new dip nib. I would also like to see how to load the nib with ink, and with an eyedropper, to be able to control the initial ink overload when beginning writing with said nibs.

Im going to do a dip pen one tomorrow, a little more involved maybe break it into a few different parts Chris walk you through start and set up, to use and some tips to get going

I was going to do it tonight, but I lost my lighting

Very cool James. I learned through trial and error how to burn in a new nib but I think many people go a little overboard with it. I've not, however mastered the art of loading ink without having to write a few letters out before actually getting it to flow like I would want it on the real paper.

Oh yeah, this is one I'd like to see. I mean, I think I've been doing it right, but I wanna see how someone else does it, lol. I'm talkin' about dip nibs here :001_tt2:

Keep up the great work, James. Love the vids!!

Part 1 Of the dip pen guide will be up in a few moments have a look out for it, and dont forget if there is anything Nib related you were always curious about go a head and ask away here, I have some house chores to do around the place today but I should be able to get to a few things that people drop in here

I am going to record Part two in a little bit, and see if I cant get all I need in that video or if i need a third part

Hope you guys enjoy

Part 1 is up now, no writing yet but I got a 20% raise in my steward pay and put it to good use in free software

Last edited:
Video lesson learned #12,... One should never eat anything with peanut butter before recording

#12 won't be hard for me to adhere to, because I despise peanut butter, lol

Hey, that larger nib in your last video, is it a Leonardt Hero? Looks like mine, and it's also the nib that I've been using most lately. Great flex and sharp lines.

Thanks for the vid, I don't think I've been burning my nibs long enough. I'll burn them again this afternoon and see if that helps tonight. Thanks again, James :)

Rick, as long as you are down to steel you should be good to go, And Im sure you clean your nibs before and during use, a few times doing that will take care of any remaining coating and debris left on your nibs

and the larger nib is a Hiro 40

So part II has been kicking my but, I think i have done about 40 takes or so and non of them are good enough, Im exhausted trying to get this one down Ill have to try again tomorrow

Looking back now, I dont think it was wise when making the budget, to begin with the kraft table set up

but man that was good bacon

I could see where doing a video of this would be difficult to do without someone helping, or an expensive camera and tripod. Keep at it, brother....we'll wait :biggrin1:

Thanks for the new additions James! I think I need to burn some additional coating off some of my nibs. That may be part of my problem (the other parts of my problems are probably best left to discussion with a therapist).

Also, does anyone else notice that James is sounding much more "Canadian" than in his first video? Or am I imagining that?

James, since I know you love a good enable as much as any of us here, check out these tabletop flexy tripods from B&H Photo and Video.

A couple observations about the latest video.

1) You actually DO say "Oot"... kinda.

2) I can't wait to see an "outtakes" mashup of all of your (I'm quite sure) hilarious inkcidents whilst videoing.

3) That's a pretty ingenious way to fill! Good thinking!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
a couple observations about the latest video.

1) you actually do say "oot"... Kinda.

2) i can't wait to see an "oottakes" mashup of all of your (i'm quite sure) hilarious inkcidents whilst videoing.

3) that's a pretty ingenious way to fill! Good thinking!

ftfy

Top Bottom