What's new

Photo of the Day

An inscripted stone on the beach for a then world record in long distance swimming.

The inscription read:

"From here started
Jenny Kammersgaard
Anno 1937, 7. aug. at 17 o'clock
her Kattegat swimming.
Distance 93 km. Time 29'
World record
Long distance swimming."

She swam from Gniben (Zealland) to Grenaa (Jutland).

proxy.php

The lady was a swimming teacher an famous for her long distances in the water.
She also swam from Gedser to Warnemünde (Denmark -> Germany) in 40 hours 17 minutes, and because of the current the distance was 110 km (68.4 miles) and it is still a Danish record.
And she crossed the English channel twice.

One tough lady.

a few of the usual suspects at the wetland this morning; great weather, 70deg and light breeze from the east.
all taken handheld with sigma 150-600mm on d5.
clockwise from top left.
300mm, f/5.6, 1/1250 sec, iso 32,000.
150mm, f/5, 1/400 sec, iso 3200
550mm, f/6.3, 1/4000 sec, iso 7200
400mm, f/6.0, 1/320 sec, iso 2200

proxy.php

The morning light has been hitting my wife’s bicycle just right the past few mornings and I was able to snap a few interesting pictures today. I let the camera do all the thinking on this one, as I wasn’t sure what settings to use. I think I’ll stop down a bit more and maybe set up a tripod to try to get more detail in focus.

First real foray into Lightroom+Photoshop post processing (beyond simple LR level adjustments, anyway). Original under spoiler tag. C&C welcome, as always.

Edited
proxy.php

Original
proxy.php

I like the way the three photos right above transition from a summary feeling (the beach), to a fall feeling (the corn in fall colours), to brink of winter feeling (especially with the leaves completely gone from the tree)! Good shots all :)

^thx for nice comments!

here is photo taken same time as the beach life guard station above, just turning around 180 deg.
d3, 70-200mm lens at 150mm, f/10, 1/160 sec, iso 400.

proxy.php

Top Bottom