What's new

Photo of the Day

My trees holding on to some color. Almost time for the winter blues.

$DSC_1959.jpg

Cash and Guru, those are very different but both amazing shots. That macro, wow. How close were you to the subject? And Cash, great mood set with your photo. I'm a sucker for b&w. Kevin, nice angle and compositiion on your fall trees shot. The receding perspective is great.

Steve G

Thanks Steve. I was pretty close, about 8 inches from the guy. I have cropped it somewhat to keep the interest in it's head.

Cash, love the mood in that pic. Would have looked even more dramatic if there were some long shadows in there. Sad they didn't keep the barbershop.

Last edited:
Thanks, yeah I wish there was better lighting, or people around or something! But, I was just passing through and glad I got pics at all. The Barbershop by the way is what it is, for the show they just blanked it out as some kind of generic building.
Right side, beside the wagon:

$Anne_Filming_In_Millbrook-1___Gallery.jpg

If you can make it out, on the left side of that pic there's a round sign hanging from a doorway above that guys head, that was the only other place I took a pic that day as the 'real' shop sign was pretty neat:

Cash, the cycle shop photo is great. I really like how the circles break the vertical pattern of buildings. Great use of geometry in composition here. And yes, this really works well in B&W because of the varying shades of grey.

BTW, that area looks a haven for street photography. You just need to be there at the right time (preferably late afternoon or so).

Yes, the cycle shot is killer! That would have made a nice "Interaction" photo -- shadows and light on glass. Jolly good show mate. Gonna keep me upping my b&w game :thumbup:

Nice shots up above! I really like the photos of Tokyo. I've always wanted to go to Japan for a trip, and they are reminding me of that desire!

Anyway, here is one called "Lion In Stone":

$Lion-In-Stone.jpg

Top Bottom