What's new

Blade collections and display

New here and am wondering if you guys collect and display various blades? I was thinking of displaying brands of blades in a picture frame. Any of you do that?

Anyone have photos of a display?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
This is not something that I do but I saw this on the internet and liked it. This display apparently contains 328 used blades, in their wrappers, each with the date the blade was used and an indication of the shave quality, written on the wrapper. The blades are arranged in order they were used by Mr. Walter Raeburn between 1927 and 1971, before his death in 1972. Not many blades for the number of years, but a fine display of one aspect of the life of a man. I wonder if the orange Gillette wrappers are Kro-Man blades.....

1709909639197.png

1709909663786.png

1709909699801.png

This is not something that I do but I saw this on the internet and liked it. This display apparently contains 328 used blades, in their wrappers, each with the date the blade was used and an indication of the shave quality, written on the wrapper. The blades are arranged in order they were used by Mr. Walter Raeburn between 1927 and 1971, before his death in 1972. Not many blades for the number of years, but a fine display of one aspect of the life of a man. I wonder if the orange Gillette wrappers are Kro-Man blades.....

View attachment 1808774

View attachment 1808775

View attachment 1808776
I have to admit, that's a pretty cool piece of "shaving art".

New here and am wondering if you guys collect and display various blades? I was thinking of displaying brands of blades in a picture frame. Any of you do that?

Anyone have photos of a display?
I have the very same question and it led me to this thread.

I'm just getting ready to start collecting, but before getting in deep I wanted to plan how to display the collection. Ultimately I'd like to be able to display the empty boxes as well as the wrapper and blade. I thought about scrapbooking things, but I'm apprehensive on cutting up the boxes, although my criteria for collecting is that I want to collect blades that I try. I'm not too hung up on going for vintage blades.

DE shaving has really brought out my versatility. I love to try different razors, soaps and aftershaves, so I thought why not try a large variety of blades and then collect/display what I had used. I found that "The Razor Company" has a large number of blades nicely grouped by manufacturer and this makes purchasing a breeze.

However; in the end the way they are displayed may not be a big deal since this is more of a "for me" thing. None-the-less, it's always to hear the ideas of others.

Have a great shave!

I haven't framed any shave art. I must admit, though, that the framed art in post #3 from @EclipseRedRing is nice. I've saved the paper wrappers, when printed, of all the razor blades. They may one day end up in some type of poster, frame, wallpaper, who knows what?

Top Bottom