What's new

Williams Mug Soap - Item of the Week 5/6/13

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Hello to all.

This will be the eleventh in a series of "item of the week" threads that I am promoting in the general shave discussion forum.

The rules:

1. It is very simple. Use the item of the week for the week that it is scheduled and post your thoughts on that item in its thread.
  2. Everything else in your shave line-up may be rotated at will, but keep the featured item of the week as part of each shave.
  3. The weeks will start on Monday and end on Saturday. Sunday could be a free day, or an overlap day for the next week or whatever.

The eleventh featured item of the week will be Williams Mug Soap. Starting Monday, 5/6/13.

I broke out my Old Spice mug with a puck of vintage Williams in it tonight for a quick test lather. It almost seems too easy, maybe I will head to Winco this weekend and pick up a modern puck for comparison. Maybe not.

What are you going with Dennis, new or old Williams?

Last edited:
I have been saving this for a special occasion

I guess this is it. $IMG_1117.jpg

Last edited:
Tempting...if just for a challenge and to rid my den of the last remaining puck...but I remain faithful to the 3017 thread...

I'm in. I have several Williams picks that I picked up on clearance from my local grocery store. I might as well start using them.

I have a quick question I often times had glycerin to my soaps to get an even better lather is that allowed during the week with the Willaims?

Modern puck has been grated and pressed into an OS mug. I never had problems making it lather, but the stuff just doesn't stay lathered once it's applied.
Oh well, maybe throwing a dash of Aqua Velva onto the puck will somehow change that.

Picked up a puck at CVS today, I. Figured for just over a dollar, what the heck why not. I have to say though, this stuff stinks, I'm hoping the scent mellows out when lathered.

Time to get it out of the box. When the water softener is freshly cycled it isn't bad, but when it's near the end of the cycle it makes Williams a "go to the puck more than once" soap..

proxy.php

No Williams in EU, neither vintage or new. I will watch this as I 3017 treat my DRH Almond grated and pimped with DRH Marlborough cologne! :biggrin1:

I`m in for my Williams soap! I have been using Williams last month for about 3-4 weeks already so steady as she goes.

I have test lathered my vintage Williams puck a few times this morning to break in some newly restored brushes. I must say I am a little bit impressed, but the real test comes with tomorrow's shave. I am going all out and will be using a shavette with a fresh blade so this stuff better work.

Top Bottom