What's new

Haberdashery Acquisitions

I'm quite a bit out of my wheelhouse in this forum, but I have been upgrading a few things in anticipation of upcoming Christmas parties. Just arrived today, an eBay purchase of lightly worn AE Strands in walnut. They are in beautiful shape! Also a new suit has arrived, but is currently at the tailor.

View attachment 526916

Haggar 201 Chocolate Trousers

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1418590898154.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1418590898154.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 330
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1418590923202.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1418590923202.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 331
Haggar 044 Grey Textured Stria Trousers

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1418591046046.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1418591046046.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 330
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1418591283354.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1418591283354.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 329
Covington Ogden Black Shoes

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1418591386031.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1418591386031.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 331
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1418591413816.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1418591413816.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 331
Got some great stuff for Christmas - I was gifted with 3 pair of Izod slacks, Izod insulated rain jacket and a couple casual button downs. WooHoo.

What do you Guys think About Second hand tweeds blazers and other Second hand dapperd Cloathes
I'm getting to really like thrift stores. I lost quite a bit of weight last year, so I had to replace a lot of clothes. It takes quite a bit of sifting through crap to find good stuff that fits, but it's worth it.

This weekend's finds, a couple of Brooks Brothers ties, Goodwill, $2.98:

proxy.php

(I think they look better than my photo makes them, especially the striped one).

Been a while since I have posted here but this is one of my gifts to myself this Christmas! Might need to trim the strap a little more, but so far I love it. Been trying to take advantage of the end of the Accutron line and the subsequent lower prices. Seemingly a good deal for a swiss made Bulova with a sapphire crystal. Not an auto but for the money I have into this, I am satisfied with the quartz movement.

proxy.php

Been a while since I have posted here but this is one of my gifts to myself this Christmas! Might need to trim the strap a little more, but so far I love it. Been trying to take advantage of the end of the Accutron line and the subsequent lower prices. Seemingly a good deal for a swiss made Bulova with a sapphire crystal. Not an auto but for the money I have into this, I am satisfied with the quartz movement.

proxy.php

I Like the look of that watch quite a bit! :thumbup1:

Christmas was very good to me this year. Along with 4 new sport coats and pocket squares, I got my first Eco-Drive (AW1150-07E) that I had been eyeballing. Replaced the rubber band with an inexpensive black stainless that doesn't exactly fit flush to the dial and leaves a slight gap, but I really love the look and it doesn't bother me.

Attachments

• $20150114_101152.jpg
    $20150114_101152.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 220
  • $20150114_101339.jpg
    $20150114_101339.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 218
1 pair of shoes and 2 shirts. All from Johnston & Murphy. I started by looking at waterproof chukkas/desert boots, as it rains quite a bit over here. The Clarks crepe-soled ones were out once I read about traction issues in rain with the crepe soles.

I narrowed it down to more casual options from Clarks (a rubber soled variant) or Timberland, or a dressier one from J&M. I went for the J&M after trying a pair on - the leather is nice and soft (as well as full grain, which looked and felt to be of much higher quality than the other options), and the footbed felt very comfortable and cushiony. I much prefer soft/cushiony shoes. I also ended up picking the J&M as it is a dressier/more "stylish" option. :laugh:

proxy.php

I also picked up 2 pair of shirts as they had a sale (buy one, get one half off) as I need some new shirts. I was intrigued by the cuff pattern - I've never worn a shirt with a different pattern inside the cuff, nor have I ever worn a shirt with the cuff rolled up once (at work, I roll them up twice as I wash my hands a lot).

https://www.johnstonmurphy.com/tailored-fit-stairstep-stripe-convertible-cuff-shirt/07402873-S.html

https://www.johnstonmurphy.com/tail...stripe-convertible-cuff-shirt/07407281-L.html

I'm curious if my wearing either of these shirts with the cuffs rolled back to show the pattern (1 fold) will look good (in other words, I won't look like an idiot) or if I will look like a "fashion don't". I don't particularly care to be stylish, but I'm afraid that I may have fallen for a trendy look that will soon look foolish.

I should add that I will probably try the single roll-back with these 2 shirts (if nothing else) simply because I like the cuff patterns.

I have to ask about the moleskin vests above - how do you color match a vest to an outfit? More specifically, what color (if any) vest would go with earth tone pants (tan or brown) and colored shirts (purple, blue, red, etc)? Another earth tone? Similar to or different from the pants? Black? Grey?

I have to ask about the moleskin vests above - how do you color match a vest to an outfit? More specifically, what color (if any) vest would go with earth tone pants (tan or brown) and colored shirts (purple, blue, red, etc)? Another earth tone? Similar to or different from the pants? Black? Grey?
The charcoal wool vest goes with pretty much anything (I like to think). The green moleskin is a bit tougher, but I wear a whole lot of white or blue button downs, so it's still very useful to me.

I picked up a pair of Florsheim Doon Chukka's in brown for $74 this weekend:

proxy.php

They might not be nice enough to last a lifetime, as they are probably bonded soles and I'm guessing it's corrected grain instead of full-grain...but the quality of these is definitely a step up from the ~$75 DSW shoes I typically buy every year or two (think Aldo, Kenneth Cole, etc). Very comfortable just trying them on for the first time. Need to get some cedar trees, a shoe horn, and some polish for them, and hopefully I get a few good years from them.

Also, my feet are definitely warmer in a boot vs the oxfords that I normally wear, which is a plus. It gets a little cold in my office.

1 pair of shoes and 2 shirts. All from Johnston & Murphy. I started by looking at waterproof chukkas/desert boots, as it rains quite a bit over here. The Clarks crepe-soled ones were out once I read about traction issues in rain with the crepe soles.

I narrowed it down to more casual options from Clarks (a rubber soled variant) or Timberland, or a dressier one from J&M. I went for the J&M after trying a pair on - the leather is nice and soft (as well as full grain, which looked and felt to be of much higher quality than the other options), and the footbed felt very comfortable and cushiony. I much prefer soft/cushiony shoes. I also ended up picking the J&M as it is a dressier/more "stylish" option. :laugh:

proxy.php

I also picked up 2 pair of shirts as they had a sale (buy one, get one half off) as I need some new shirts. I was intrigued by the cuff pattern - I've never worn a shirt with a different pattern inside the cuff, nor have I ever worn a shirt with the cuff rolled up once (at work, I roll them up twice as I wash my hands a lot).

https://www.johnstonmurphy.com/tailored-fit-stairstep-stripe-convertible-cuff-shirt/07402873-S.html

https://www.johnstonmurphy.com/tail...stripe-convertible-cuff-shirt/07407281-L.html

I'm curious if my wearing either of these shirts with the cuffs rolled back to show the pattern (1 fold) will look good (in other words, I won't look like an idiot) or if I will look like a "fashion don't". I don't particularly care to be stylish, but I'm afraid that I may have fallen for a trendy look that will soon look foolish.

I should add that I will probably try the single roll-back with these 2 shirts (if nothing else) simply because I like the cuff patterns.
Teppanyaki,

the master sleeve roll is what youre looking for. Not only does it show the inside of the cuff, but also looks cleaner and stays in place better. See the link below.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2012/08/21/how-to-roll-shirt-sleeves/

Top Bottom