What's new

Arko Shave Soap/Stick - Item of the Week 4/8/13

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Hello to all.

This will be the seventh of a series of "Item of the Week" threads that I am promoting in the General Shave Discussion forum.

The Rules:

1. It is very simple. Use the item of the week for the week that it is scheduled and post your thoughts on that item in its thread.
  2. Everything else in your shave line-up may be rotated at will, but keep the featured item of the week as part of each shave.
  3. The weeks will start on Monday and end on Saturday. Sunday could be a free day, or an overlap day for the next week or whatever.

The seventh featured Item of the Week will be Arko shave stick (or the new Arko shave soap in the tub). Starting Monday, 4/8/13.

That settles my stick for the week: Arko in a Williams holder top. But first I have to finish off a sample of T&H Grafton cream.

This will be my third week in a row to join in, and I'm looking forward to putting my Arko stick to use. I knew I was saving it for something...

Oh no more Arko needed.....I better stock up, this is all I have left.... $More Arko.jpg

A long-time staple in my den (got my first stick ca. 2008) and one I hadn't used in awhile prior to this morning. Sounds like a good week to roll with it.

I'm a fan of Arko as well. I love the fresh smell. Sometimes I want my lather to smell like soap. I don't like to use it in stick form so I grate it in a cheese grater and use it like I would a puck soap. A variation I do is add a drop of glycerin for extra luxurious lather (not that I need to); and a drop of menthol, eucalyptus, or lemon extract for extra freshness.

Arko! Always surprised when it gets bashed. I have not used just one soap for a week. I will also change brushes everyday as part.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I'm in, too. I have it pressed into an old deodorant twist-up container.

That's a great idea.

This will be my third week in a row to join in, and I'm looking forward to putting my Arko stick to use. I knew I was saving it for something...

I'm glad you enjoy participating. It has been a fun project for me.

Oh no more Arko needed.....I better stock up, this is all I have left....View attachment 324524

I hope you have enough to make it through the week. I will be looking forward to reading your thoughts on the new Arko puck.

oooooohh... I could do this one easily. I love Arko....

Glad to have you Mr. Shave Stick.

Finally, the IOW that I have been so curious about. I have 2 sticks of the stuff that I have been waiting for this week to try. I finally get to decide if I will be part of the Arko acolytes, or the he man Arko haters club!

Top Bottom