What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Past few days the Ugandan has been brewed in the BeeHouse (Melitta) and this is a home run. Full flavors come out. At first I was very disappointed with this bean but now I understand that it was the brew method that was the problem (no Bunn for this bean). For a while I was wondering what I was going to do with the rest of the 6# of beans but all it took was finding the brewing method to make this a fantastic coffee.

35 grams of ground beans to 1.75 liters of water = pure coffee bliss

I think I can blend this bean with a darker roasted Brazilian to get a very nice espresso combination of flavors with a chocolate undertone. Blend post roast. Once I get the roaster affixed to the new cart the next roast will be both of these beans to see if my taste buds are correct or not.

Past few days the Ugandan has been brewed in the BeeHouse (Melitta)…35 grams of ground beans to 1.75 liters of water = pure coffee bliss
35g of beans to 1750ml of water, this must be a typo, or I'm just not seeing it right, that's 50:1. I would not be going out on a limb by saying that ratio would make for coffee flavored water. I would assume you would be more in the range of 16:1…give or take.

35g of beans to 1750ml of water, this must be a typo, or I'm just not seeing it right, that's 50:1. I would not be going out on a limb by saying that ratio would make for coffee flavored water. I would assume you would be more in the range of 16:1…give or take.
They're magic beans Royce

This morning I brewed the Share Coffee Roasters Guatemala Sereno in the Kalita Wave 155. 14 grams coffee and 225 grams water off the boil. When I first tried this coffee I didn't think much of it, but today I fined up the grinds and there was more age on the beans and it made a great cup, well two cups because I went back and made another when I finished the first.

$Share Guat.jpg

I stopped by the donut shop around the corner and had a Colombia coffee, very little flavor at all, but not burnt, bitter or sour, just meh.

Enjoying a cup of Panamanian that I roasted yesterday in my Hottop. First time I have used that roaster since getting my 1 lb batch roaster going last year.

Fantastic cup of coffee, brewed in the commercial Bunn

Made a small 2 cup press of Ugandan while I waited for the Bunn to heat up to make a pot of Panamanian.

you know you are bad off when you need coffee to get you by until the coffee in the pot is ready :nonod:

This morning, my wife brewed a pot of Dunkin' Donuts original (whole bean) that we shared. I am now having a cappuccino made with a 16 gram double of Tanzania Isende FBG that I air-roasted last week. I have only had my espresso machine a couple of weeks now. I am really happy with the results so far, especially the cappuccinos.

This only girl keeps churning them out every day for me.
I start with a double espresso to wake me up, then one of these (Lavazza beans with filtered milk) to set me up for the day.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Stopped at earth fare last night to find some pumpkin beer and I happened past the coffee section. They had Intelligentsia black cat espresso in bulk. They also had a good selection of coffee with roasting date stickers. It's always good to find fresh coffee. Here's my second morning cappuccino with the black cat and my Gaggia baby twin.

$uploadfromtaptalk1444566262787.jpg

This morning was a REAL coffee morning....

started out with two double shots of the Ugandan Sipi Falls in the Pasquini, followed by a 4 cup French Press of the last of the roasted Costa Ricia

The Ugandan is one KILLA single origin espresso roast... I knew that when I did my first pour over with it and it had that "I AM ESPRESSO" taste.

The Costa Ricia was extraordinary in the press without any paper filter to remove any oils. Too bad it was the last of that roast. Today I will try to duplicate the roast in the SF-1.... Wish me luck :001_smile

I've been drinking Wilson's Coffee and Tea Mexico Veracruz Tejeria Teocelo for the last couple of days and my wife got a big box of Fire King jadite cups, bowls, and plates so I thought I'd try out the coffee in a jadite cup. Brewed in my Kalita 185 Style brewer 37.5 grams of coffee and 600 grams of water.

$Jadite.jpg

I've been drinking Wilson's Coffee and Tea Mexico Veracruz Tejeria Teocelo for the last couple of days and my wife got a big box of Fire King jadite cups, bowls, and plates so I thought I'd try out the coffee in a jadite cup. Brewed in my Kalita 185 Style brewer 37.5 grams of coffee and 600 grams of water.

View attachment 607175
Ah man now i have a craving for Fruit Loops! Its been so long since I've eaten any!

Top Bottom