What's new

Mike's hand made soaps from Brooklyn.

MIKE's NATURAL SOAPS (A different poll)

• Handmade in the U.S.A.

• Handmade in Ann Arbor, MI

• Doesn't matter

Results are only viewable after voting.
I got samples late last week, and ordered 3x full-size bars to use (on top), then ordered a few more samples to get an idea for the smells of the other ones I did not try/smell before:
proxy.php

Out of the new samples, Barber Shop was the best one for me.

I had my first shave with it last night. Awesome scent and performance. I also have the Orange/Cedarwood/Black Pepper plus... got three more on the way that should arrive tomorrow.

I received a tin of Barbers shop this week and used it for the first time today. Wow, this soap is definitely deserving of all the praise it receives. Great protection and slickness whilst shaving, with an excellent post-shave feel. I find the barber shop pairs very nicely with clubman.

I received a tin of Barbers shop this week and used it for the first time today. Wow, this soap is definitely deserving of all the praise it receives. Great protection and slickness whilst shaving, with an excellent post-shave feel. I find the barber shop pairs very nicely with clubman.

I ordered a sample of the Barber's, and it had a great smell. When I order again, I will make sure to order Barbers :thumbup1:

On par with Mdc scent wise? Hmm. I'm in on the group buy on his scentless and if you you say this is a strong scent I might mix the two lavender and scentless version to taste. Thanks for the heads up.

No, it doesn't smell anything like MdC. MdC, while it has some lavender in it, smells to me more like clean linen than anything else. Mike's is a strong, pure lavender soliflore.

No, it doesn't smell anything like MdC. MdC, while it has some lavender in it, smells to me more like clean linen than anything else. Mike's is a strong, pure lavender soliflore.
Thanks for the clarification Evbo. Definitely intrigued.

i just got my order of Hungarian Lavendar, along with Peppermint/Rosemary, O/C/BP, and Lime. my first impression of the lavendar was it was very understated in scent. then i started making lather and wow!!! this is a great, powerful scent with the same consistent quality i have come to epect from mike's soap. if you love strong scents, the peppermint/rosemary is right up your alley, i could smell it beofore i even opened the package. wish it was december, i'll be smelling candy cane all month with that, but with spring right around the corner, hungarian lavendar will be my go to.

Today was my first shave with Mike's Vetiver. The lather was the usual dense, slick lather I always end up with using Mike's. The scent is a high quality, crisp vetiver that paired perfectly with the Lalique Encre Noire I wore today.

@mdevine: You used the Lalique Encre Noire.Is the scent long lasting?! I like Aftershaves and Eau de Colognes with long lasting scent.

When i go to work at about 8 o´clock in the morning,i still smell my Pinaud Clubman when i´m home at about 18:00 o´clock....I try to find something that is like this...Maybe you can tell me a little bit about it because i´ve heared the first time of it now and now i´m hooked...:drool:

Encre Noire is one of the longest lasting fragrances that I've tried. It is potent and I am careful to use only a couple of sprays. At fragrantica http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Lalique/Encre-Noire-1834.html , members list it as long lasting to very long lasting with heavy spillage. It is also an excellent value at around $30/100 ml. I can't thing of another niche fragrance at such a price. Still, like any fragrance, I recommend sampling it before buying it.

Mike

Thank you.

I´ve tried to contact a few perfumerys but no one has this product in stock.So i have to order it via amazon or some others but my problem is,that i don´t know if i like the scent...:001_huh:It ain´t easy to buy a Aftershave or EdT without knowing how the scent smells on your own skin.Not only a sample is availlable...:glare:

Top Bottom