What's new

Frozen Face Freaks!

So, we have a bunch of unofficial little groups around here at B&B, you know what I'm talking about because you see it in signatures. Order of Pinaud, "THE CHOSEN" who like Lilac Vegetal, BOTOC, Cult of Arko, Arko Haters, etc.

Well, I am going to start one. Granted, I don't know how the other ones work, (I just know that I use Pinaud Clubman so that apparently makes me a member of the order of pinaud, but eh, whatever. I've got something new for you to wear on your signature, we can be B&B friends and talk about stuff, you know, whatever.)

I present to you. FROZEN FACE FREAKS [F.F.F.]

Do you LOVE mentholated stuff? Do you use every proraso green variant under the sun? Have you advanced to trying new contraband like Awakening or Vostok? Have you gone so far as to start spiking your non-mentholated things with menthol or peppermint oil? Then you are hereby a member of the honorable club of the Frozen Face Freaks.

Please feel free to append into your already club-filled signature one of the following.

[Member, FFF] = I enjoy mentholated stuff, usually just when it's hot outside
[Advanced Member, FFF] = I enjoy mentholated stuff in the winter, too!
[Professional Member, FFF] = I cold water shave with menthol and/or I frequently have bouts of using mentholated products in every part of my shave: prep, lather, and post-shave.
[Master Member, FFF] = I am truly addicted to menthol. I not only do the above things, but I have been known to spike non-mentholated products with menthol because I want -no- need the chill.
[Extreme Member, FFF] = Normal mentholated products are not cold enough for me. I apply peppermint oil right to my face, or I add menthol or peppermint oil to already mentholated products because I MUST HAVE MORE COLD.

[Extreme Member, FFF] = Normal mentholated products are not cold enough for me. I apply peppermint oil right to my face, or I add menthol or peppermint oil to already mentholated products because I MUST HAVE MORE COLD

I added about 0.5 g of menthol to a bottle of Barbasol Brisk the other day. Does that count?

I've face lathered Vostok and followed up with Osage Rub and still WANTED MORE FREEZE....

Does that count?

I've face lathered Vostok and followed up with Osage Rub and still WANTED MORE FREEZE....

Does that count?

You sir, You're somewhere between a Master Member and an Extreme member. I'm leaning towards extreme. HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE THE MENTHOL?

Does using Extra Strength Gold Bond body lotion put me in a more advanced rank? I did use it this morning and then proceeded to work in 11*F weather for 8 hours!!

I cold water shave with C O Bigelow. After I've finished, I bathe my face in the left-over while I clean up the bathroom.

I would like to join FFF, maybe at Professional status, but I would like to be Professional Grade.

Thank You.

:thumbup:

[Professional Member, FFF] = I cold water shave with menthol and/or I frequently have bouts of using mentholated products in every part of my shave: prep, lather, and post-shave.
Once I get an order of M-Bomb and SubZero hopefully I can get promoted. So far my favorite cold combo is cold water shaving with Vostok and Osage.

lol guys, just promote yourselves. We have no hierarchy here. Just assign yourself the grade that you think you deserve.

I highly enjoy menthol for my face and for my throat. Proraso Green all the way. I do have peppermint oil, menthol, camphor, and tea tree oils.

I love shaving with cold water here in the Northeast during the winter time ... I let the cold run awhile ... and after the shave splash the face with the frigid water.
Fantastic - and Aqua Velva AS

Can't have a menthol thread without mentioning 444 aftershave balm.

It's great stuff. If you've never tried it, you use a pea-sized amount mixed with your favorite aftershave splash. It adds a nice, icy blast without altering the scent of your splash.

I am definitely a fan of the freeze. Cold water shave, 444 balm, Dr. Bronner's Peppermint or C.O Bigelow Mentha body wash, Gold Bond extra strength powder.

The only place I am lacking is my shave cream. I have tried Vostok and liked it. I however have found that Spencer and Devon gives me much better results. I have been using their spice scent but I am missing the freeze. I've been considering getting their unscented cream and doctoring it up to achive the Vostok level of cold. I am thinking of adding in M Bomb and or peppermint oil. Can anyone offer advice? Is there any downside to adding directly to the tub rather than adding a little bit each time I lather?

I use Proraso Green, Nivea Cooling ASB, & Osage Rub. Even in the winter! I also enjoy Tea Tree shampoo and bath soap, as well as Gold Bond & cool mint Listerine. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom