What's new

Do you have any scents that you secretly love, but don't shout about?

I must say that a scent I really, really love is Aspen. I just love the pine scent. I'm kind of shy about making this known there are a few common observations about Aspen:

1) Its such a Christmassey scent. You smell like a Christmas tree when you wear it.:001_smile

2) You also smell like you are wearing floor cleaner.:biggrin:

3) It really just wouldn't work for most other times of year, other than, of course the middle of winter.:confused:

4) It has kind of a drug store cheapness about it. Not that that's bad. This is from me, a guy who LOVES Aqua Velva!:lol:

But I still love the scent.:thumbup1:

Does anyone have this same experience with Aspen or some other scent?:thumbup1:

as a matter of fact i do, but of course since i don't shout about them that's all i can say. really.

Christian Dior Eau Savage ......... love it (amongst many others) :tongue_sm

GFT Limes & T&H West Indian Limes smell like a furniture polish we have here in the UK :lol:

I first have to wonder why something that smells like pine would be called Aspen. An aspen is a deciduous tree.

I like Raw Vanilla by Coty, which I think has been discontinued. It's one of very few scents that plays nice with my body chemistry.

Very irresistable for men from givenchy,
armani code,

taking your wifes perfume aint that bad.. atleast you´re not taking her underware....

Candie's For Men. I rock when I wear that stuff.

And Polo. Haven't worn it in years though, and I'm thinking of buying another bottle.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I really like the offerings from Penhaligon's but they're not too popular around here so I sort of keep that under my hat. :batman: :ninja: :santa: :cowboy: :arabia: :sailor: :red_indian: :chinese: :pirate: :sorcerer: :eek:sama: :chef: :smartass: :euro: :shuriken: :detective: :kyle1:

OTOH, I'm also a fan of Burberry Brit, which I find quite nice for summer.

OTOH, I'm also a fan of Burberry Brit, which I find quite nice for summer.

burberry london doesnt get much talk around here. it is a fantastic scent. great for this time of year. very unique semi-sweet scent that is on the bright side.

cheers!
ryan

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
burberry london doesnt get much talk around here. it is a fantastic scent. great for this time of year. very unique semi-sweet scent that is on the bright side.

cheers!
ryan

I have that one too, and I go "off and on" with it. For those who don't have it, it's similar to Opus 1870 ... but ... 'different'. Sometimes it seems to candyish and cloying for me, other times I really notice a nice 'umpf' of the tobacco/port notes that are supposed to be there.

Faconnable gets my nod.

Very underrated and have received many compliments on the scent when I'm wearing it.

But then again, the same cologne is always going to smell slightly different on each person.

Rafi

I like stetson aftershave. The alcohol content is a litle strong so I mix it with witchhazel and it makes the perfect splash.
Ernest

Top Bottom