What's new

Differences between Alden and Brooks Brothers Alden?

There seems to be a price difference between Alden cordovan shoes and Alden cordovan shoes for Brooks Brothers...are there any known differences between these shoes aside from the lasts?

My friend

They are the same.
Be careful, call Brooks and ask if ALDEN is doing them, it it staes online that Aldent is doing, then it is Alden.

If you are looking for the classi cordovan shoe, do a google, and search.
There are many, many outside stores that carry this 1-200 bucks less market.
Try O Connels in Buffalo mendswear.
And let me search, there is a place in upstate NY that has the classic, burgundy cordovan cheaper.
Not the whickey or any other
Get right back

Jim

Amore custom clothing in Albany NY.

Again, they seel the burgundy shell for much less.
They do whickey/cigar sheel at much higher price.
Stay away from Brooks.
They have had such drastic chenges in the past 3 years, every since the GF was on recall.
They use Southwick for their suits now.
A nother story of a once good suitmaker on the decline.
If it does not say alden,, and Brooks will not say, get them elsewhere!!

God

Jimmy

The Amore price for the classic.prdovan shell penny is 499.00, which is a very nice price.
I got a pait a couple years ago.
There are also couple places do online Pediwear.
I dont think you will get a cheaper price.
They do not do cigar/whickey shell BTW

Good luck
Jimmy

Thats terrible

The Brooks runs 589-689

Ben Silver 689 as well.

Again, I know of this place in Albany NY, that carries the classic pennt , in shell cordovan, cordovan.
I just talked with them.
If this is what you want they are going for 499.
I tell you Brooks and my old buddy Ben Silver, are going up/up/ and then DROP.
There will be a market for reasonable prices, but people pay.

Again, search. the Brooks looks like Aldens, if you want to pay 689 of a loafer.
Call, and ask them if they are Alden.
There are 2-3 other Maine workere that do shell.
This does not look like Allen Edmunds, but I know of 2 places in Maine, Rancourt being one that does a shell.
Similiar, but this does not look loke rancourt.

BTW look at Rancourt, a little cheaper, by 100-150 for a shell cordovan.
And OAK Street shoes in Chicago, his shoes are mad in Maine, I think maybe by Rancourt.
Again, 499 is cheap.

I am dying to hera what you decide.
Again, am retired, make a lot of money in my retirement, and am in not in the shoe business.
If you want to spend 499 for the cordovan color cordovan penny by alden.
Google Amore Custom Clothes, in Albany NY, they have email, or phone.
I wish you well.

BTW keep an eye on RL bendch made shoes whn they go on sale, these are Crockett and Jones.
They have a nice loafer, will go 200-250 bucks when they do their sale.
Thats is a nice price. I think they are 799 now

Nice day my friends

Jimmy

The number is 518-434-4054.
Google for an email.
When talking with him, he thought I was some spinster, gathering a bunch of orders.
I guess this happens.

Good Luck

Jim

proxy.php

FWIIW, the AE shoes I've seen at Brooks Brothers are identical to the AE shoes I purchased from AE a half block away. I might be mistaken but I believe Aldens, in general, are slightly more expensive than AEs.

It seems like the cordovan Alden BB shoes are less expensive than the Aldens in the Alden store...but it may be that I know little about Alden.

Sluggo for AE...AE for Brooks has a rubber combo sole and also a different insole I believe. I think those are the only differences.

Alden makes a great shoe - regardless of whether or not it is a Brooks Brothers brand, or an Alden proper. I do prefer their leather shoes to their cordovan shoes though. If you're looking for cordovan - I think the runaway brand for the money is Crockett & Jones. The quality of their cordovan (and their shoes overall for that matter) is nothing short of amazing, and they're not that much more expensive than Alden last time I checked. Living in the SF bay, i've actually gone into the Alden store, wearing my Crockett & Jones cordovan's and even the Alden employees admit they are a cut above.

I know the popular choice is the brown cordovan, but C&J black cordovans are really lovely. They keep an amazing shine/form unlike black cow leather and as they wear they really hold their "new" look. A 5-6 year old pair of C&J black cordovan shoes will look like a 3-4 week old pair of cowhide black Alden's. If you appreciate that "minty fresh" look, their appeal cannot be denied.

Any which way you go - with these brands, you can't make a bad decision.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
When companies like BB get product made specially for them, they can specify a different (higher or lower) quality level. This may be the case here, accounting for at least some of the price difference.

When companies like BB get product made specially for them, they can specify a different (higher or lower) quality level. This may be the case here, accounting for at least some of the price difference.

Good point. If the brand is advertised, it's a 1:1 quality, if it is NOT advertised (which in this case it is not) it typically is a step below the standard quality, thus they don't associate their name with the shoe.

Top Bottom