What's new

Footwear of the Day

Alden Indy Boots in Color 8 Shell Cordovan

$001.jpg

Ben

Beautiful boots, Ben!

No kidding. Another one to put on the list.

Thank you! They are size 11 B/D on the Trubalance Last, which is the same size that I wear with my Alden 990 PTB's (also in color 8 shell) on the Barrie Last. I'm not sure about the fit on these Indy Boots yet. They may be a little snug for the long run. I got them slightly used from another gentleman, so they are just a tad broken in already, but he said that he only wore them maybe a dozen times or less.

I'm contemplating trying to find the same boots in 11.5 B/D. For whatever reason, these are just a little snug compared to the same size in the Barrie Last. I guess I typically wear thinner socks with my PTB's and I'd like to be able to wear thicker socks with the Indy Boots. But regardless of the socks I am wearing, my little toe is just a bit crowded with these Indy Boots in size 11 B/D.

Today's shoes are:

Johnston & Murphy Shuler Bicycle Toe in black calfskin

$001 (2).jpg

Ben

Man - crickets in this thread, what happened?

Alden whiskey key shell ptb's....
$image.jpg

Last edited:
Some old Alden #8 cap toe boots with commando soles.

Man - crickets in this thread, what happened?

Alden whiskey key shell ptb's....
View attachment 483184

Very nice shell joel!! I got a new pair of Indy Boots in Color 8 yesterday in size 11.5 D. The size 11 D's just weren't working..... my little toe was crowded. The 11.5 D's are much better in the toe box and will work very well with thicker socks.

I was a little surprised that the Indy Boots in 11 D didn't work since I wear 11 D in the Barrie Last with my PTB's, but I ultimately decided that the Barrie Last just fits the shape of my foot better than the Trubalance Last, even though it is not exactly "roomier" than the Trubalance Last. In all fairness, the 11 D PTB's on the Barrie Last are rather snug, but comfortable..... and I could probably very easily go to an 11.5 D as well on that shoe.

Ben

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408023356.768730.jpg

Most people seem to be wearing pants and boots but in SC it is way to hot for that!!!

Here are some Sperry Gold Cup shoes the most comfortable you can wear day in and day out.

Top Bottom