What's new

Footwear of the Day

My Boots $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411504499.812141.jpg $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411504511.917856.jpg 1883 Lucchese Full Quill Ostrich Black Cherry

^^^ A Natty CXL Cap Toe boot of some kind is on my list for someday. Those Whites look great!!

Ben

Thanks Ben ! The crazy thing about natural CXL is how it changes. When I first got them they almost had an olive green type of color, and you can see how the patina has developed , these are a year old.

Ben the IR's look great, as do the jeans. I've been tossing around the idea of ordering a pair, I know their sizing is quite a bit different than other companies. Did you have any issues ?

Ben the IR's look great, as do the jeans. I've been tossing around the idea of ordering a pair, I know their sizing is quite a bit different than other companies. Did you have any issues ?

Thank you, they are great boots. I feel like I'm now an expert on IR sizing, since I bought three pairs before I settled on 10.5 EE's. So, yes, I had issues.

Let me start by saying is measure somewhere between 11.5 D and 12 D on the Brannock. I wear 11.5 D in the Alden Indy Boot (Trubalance Last) and I'm an 11 E in the AE Park Ave..... just to give you some reference with my boot size and dress shoe size. I have a narrow heel, low instep and the ball of my foot is wide. My overall foot length size is pretty close to my size measured from my heel to the ball of my foot (11.5 to 12).

I tried the 11 D in the IR. They fit pretty good actually..... and I could've lived with them. But, I thought they might be a little long in the toe box and slightly narrow at the ball (widest part) of my foot. I felt that they would easily stretch out at the widest part of my foot.... and be rather comfortable.... but I thought I could go with a little less length in the toe box. I then got a pair of 10.5 D's. They were okay for length, but they were too narrow at the ball of my foot. Everywhere else was fine with the 10.5 D's..... the arch, the heel, etc. I decided to go for the 10.5 EE's, and I'm glad I did, but the 10.5 EE's are basically the same length as the 11 D's, and are just a little wider at the widest part of my foot. Ultimately, I decided the 10.5 EE's fit my feet the best, and so that's what I settled on. I have a pair of 10.5 D's and 11 D's for sale in the BST BTW. :001_rolle

My advice, is to go a full size down from your Brannock size. If you increase the width from D to EE, you are going to increase the length a bit. If you have a slightly wide foot, even if it's considered "normal width" buy you are on the wide side, you might want to go with the EE width. The IR's are a long and narrow last.

I found my ideal size to be 10.5 EE, but I can honestly say that I could wear an 11 D just the same and be fine.

Hope this helps! If you're looking for a 10.5 D or an 11 D, shoot me a PM, I have those for sale.

Ben

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
These Alden Mahogany Shell Cordovan Straight Tip Bluchers just looked so good today that I was compelled to take a pic of them. :biggrin:

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 189
Love the look of both the IRs and the Indys with the Gustin denim.....I personally have the Indys on my wishlist, but I proudly wear my IRs with my Gustin jeans....and they look like they were made for each other....

Always black socks for me. Looking for higher quality socks that don't brake the bank.
Same thing with my plain white handkerchiefs.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
It's just hunch but I think other people are wearing shoes too. :wink:

A long discontinued shoe from the Northampton Collection by Johnston & Murphy.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 205
Top Bottom