What's new

Tradere SB Model Has Landed!

Afternoon fellow Badgers. Figured I would share a couple pics of my new Tradere SB that just landed. Haven't shaved with it yet, but initial impressions are excellent. I will mention that I already own the OC model and I love it, but it is a bit too aggressive for my skin so I am hoping this is my "Goldilocks" razor.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Weight and construction is on par with the OC model. Finish on the cap isn't mirror like the OC model though. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if this is actually a flaw, but I kinda of prefer it.

proxy.php

Shorter handle than the OC model.

proxy.php

I can't wait to give it a go. I will have to fire it up later tonight and report back.

Tradere SB has landed in PA as well! Looks and feels great. Will have to give it a whirl later tonight. The new handle is marginally shorter and the knurling is slightly different as well. The SB head is a solid beauty to behold. I have some photos to share as well :biggrin1:

Attachments

• $SB2.JPG
    $SB2.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 709
  • $SB3.JPG
    $SB3.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 713
  • $SB4.JPG
    $SB4.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 711
  • $SB5.JPG
    $SB5.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 719
  • $SB6.JPG
    $SB6.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 708
I think I am going to like the slightly shorter handle. Does your have a slightly satin finish on the cap of the razor too?

I think I am going to like the slightly shorter handle. Does your have a slightly satin finish on the cap of the razor too?

I was so excited unpacking and unwrapping, I haven't fully absorbed the new addition to my shaving home.
Yes, the SB head cap has a somewhat 'satiny' or 'muted shine' finish when compared to the OC head cap. Interestingly, the new handle is slightly shinier. I think I will like the new handle as well - it's weighty but with the shorter length, has a more 'bulldog' feel to it.

I'm curious to hear thoughts on this one. I wasn't sure if anything could unseat the Tradere OC as my top razor, but this one did. I cannot wait to get my hands on the final model. It's just a perfect shaver to me.

This is priced around the price of a feather. Do you guys who got it think the build quality is on par? I guess I'm asking for a guy without either should I spend the money on the tradere or feather first. I know I'll prob end up with both but which one first.

Those are nice pic's. Mine is being delivered tomorrow and I won't be home to see it till the weekend, so you'll have to give us a shave report asap. Compare it to the OC.

This is priced around the price of a feather. Do you guys who got it think the build quality is on par? I guess I'm asking for a guy without either should I spend the money on the tradere or feather first. I know I'll prob end up with both but which one first.

I do not own a Feather, but I would be shocked if the construction was superior to the Tradere. It truly feels like a precision built tool.

I do not own a Feather, but I would be shocked if the construction was superior to the Tradere. It truly feels like a precision built tool.

thanks, thats kinda what I figured. I actually do have a feather but I wanted to know if I would be disappointed getting a tradere if I was expecting feather level of insane QC. I guess I could have phrased my question a little better.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but do the finish of the cap and handle finally match? If so, I need it.
It does not match. The handle has a true satin finish. The head is still more polished. I had the same reserves about the OC model and seeing it in person I am glad I bought it. The different finishes work amazingly well together and the very bottom of the handle is polished to kind of tie it all together. It is really good looking in person, better than the pictures can show.

My first shave with the SB razor. Blade used was Astra SP. The razor was well balanced and very intuitive to hold and use. I proceeded with a 3 pass shave (WTG XTG ATG). I would describe the razor dynamics as effortless and smooth, without any surprises. In fact, I had to remind myself that there was indeed a blade in the razor during my initial WTG passes. Overall, DFS after the first 2 passes, and BBS with the 3 passes. This razor is a strong contender for filling the position of daily use razor in my line-up, especially when time is of the essence in terms of my morning routine. The OC razors are more effective and efficient in terms of performance, but require more attention for me. Time will tell, but at this point I would rate it 10/10 for delivering as advertised - a solid, elegant, easy-to-use closed comb razor with bonus points awarded for Made in USA.

My first shave with the SB razor. Blade used was Astra SP. The razor was well balanced and very intuitive to hold and use. I proceeded with a 3 pass shave (WTG XTG ATG). I would describe the razor dynamics as effortless and smooth, without any surprises. In fact, I had to remind myself that there was indeed a blade in the razor during my initial WTG passes. Overall, DFS after the first 2 passes, and BBS with the 3 passes. This razor is a strong contender for filling the position of daily use razor in my line-up, especially when time is of the essence in terms of my morning routine. The OC razors are more effective and efficient in terms of performance, but require more attention for me. Time will tell, but at this point I would rate it 10/10 for delivering as advertised - a solid, elegant, easy-to-use closed comb razor with bonus points awarded for Made in USA.

My experience largely mirrors this, but with some technique related deficiencies that made the final BBS difficult to achieve. In particular I tend to shave ATG on my neck during the first two passes and the razor felt effortless doing that rather than requiring the slow, careful approach any other razor would have needed. I was also able to go ATG on my upper lip easily and with no irritation, which is very unusual.

Overall the razor feels better balanced and easier to use than the OC, though I agree with Agravic that the OC seems more effective and efficient.

I did notice that the top cap seems to hold the blade at a very slight diagonal to the bar. I didn't really have a lot of time to inspect it before I had to leave for work, but replacing the top cap with the one from the OC seemed to solve the issue.

Top Bottom