What's new

Poll: R41 or FaTip?

R41 or FaTip?

• R41

• FaTip

• Don't make me choose!

• Duh, Joris for me!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm in the same boat myself. The FaTip and R41 have their place. For pure awe inspiring aggressiveness the R41. For an effective no-nonsense shave, the FaTip.

A very good topic, these seem to be the front running modern razors. I love my Fatip and am curious what people who have used both have to say.

Most likely, if you have an R41 you have a FaTip or are thinking of getting one. If you have both, which one is your favorite?

I don't have any "favorite" razor. I have many different ones and I enjoy using all of them.

So I guess my favorite razor is the one I have in my had at the moment

I've only sold one razor and I regretted it almost before I got to the post office to send it (R41 2010). I have since replaced it so "no foul". I even have duplicates of some razors (don't know why but I do)

What's a r41 look like? can you post a pic
Smithy

This is my BRW custom R41

proxy.php

Last edited:
I did not enjoy the 2011 R41. Although it plowed through the stubble like a machine, it always left my face feeling raw.

On the other hand, the FaTip provides me a shave as close as the R41 without the irritation, so for me, the FaTip wins. Of course, ones mileage will always vary.

The R41 is an adventure every time I use it - it's a bit too aggressive for me, although I love the shave I get from it. The Fatip is an excellent razor, but I have trouble with the relatively small handle (even the grande) and lousy finish. But the Joris/Plisson - now THAT'S a razor!

I really dont have a favorite razor,I like each one for different reasons.But if I were to choose between,FaTip,Joris or r41,the heads up goes to the Joris.I love the r41 but I just can't headshave with it,and the FaTip while very close to a Joris shave,still isn't as smooth,even with a different handle.YMMV is the keyword with these 3 razors,4 if you count the FaTip Piccolo and Grande as different razors.

I agree that the finish on the FaTips are subpar to that of Muhle and especially Joris. I think a FaTip would make a great replate project especially in rose gold or rhodium with the Grande handle.

Top Bottom