What's new

New personna red blades?

I used to buy these UK made red personna platinum ( 10 blades per package ) which came in a red blade wrapper...

i recently ordered the same blades but this time the wrapper of the blade is just plain white paper... anyone has any comment on these?
$photo-1.jpg$photo.jpg

I used to buy these UK made red personna platinum ( 10 blades per package ) which came in a red blade wrapper...

i recently ordered the same blades but this time the wrapper of the blade is just plain white paper... anyone has any comment on these?

Both of my cardboard 5 blade pack and plastic 10 blade pack personna blades are in red paper.

What does the blade itself look like (writing etc)?

proxy.php

They never were UK made, AFAIK.
I too bought this type of Red IP from Connaught Shaving, and this is just a matter of different packaging - the blades are supposed to be the same Israeli Red IP, again AFAIK.

turtle, the blade writing is the same as in the Red packaging.
http://connaughtshaving.com/redpersonna.html

Last edited:
Both of my cardboard 5 blade pack and plastic 10 blade pack personna blades are in red paper.

What does the blade itself look like (writing etc)?

proxy.php
The blade looks the same, but the wrapping paper is no longer red, it's a very cheap plain white cardboard paper. hmmm

The red wrapper was much more cool. Too bad they changed it. :/
BTW, I think they are now much cheaper on Connaught than they were everywhere previously... hope they didn't change the blade design! It's my favorite blade...

Last edited:
I have no idea here, just grabbing at straws - but could this be like Feathers where there's a difference in packaging (external, anyways) for the 5 pk vs. 10 pk?

I got it from WCS. The blades look the same as before, but the wrapping is just plane white cardboard. looks very cheap IMO. I haven't shaved with it yet.

There is a post on here from someone in Israel who mentions several version of the Personna red blades (some with different brand names) and I recall that one or more were plain white paper wrapped. I'll dig and see if I can locate it (so far nothing but who knows maybe I will get lucky and find it).

I did come up with this post about a change in the blade wrappings

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/271146-Personna-Reds-now-in-white-paper

Last edited:
There is a post on here from someone in Israel who mentions several version of the Personna red blades (some with different brand names) and I recall that one or more were plain white paper wrapped. I'll dig and see if I can locate it (so far nothing but who knows maybe I will get lucky and find it).

I did come up with this post about a change in the blade wrappings

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/271146-Personna-Reds-now-in-white-paper
thanks a lot turtle for your link. According to the info since 2011 they are making red personna blades in white wrapping.

"Different brand names"? Red Personna? Never heard of that.
But I live in Israel and suspect that they produce the Crystal under different brand names and in totally different packaging for local use.

Top Bottom