What's new

Rise Classic Stainless Razor Blades

While looking through eBay came across a listing for this blade. Made in Bangaladesh by Vidyut Metallics Ltd. Highest quality. Platinum Super Stainless coated. Sharpest double edge razor blades on the market. So they say. Sounds good. When buying an unknown razor blade your buying a lot more than a new blade. Your buying hope. So I placed an order for a tuck from a U S seller. 10 for $1.95 USD.

Anyone have experience with this blade?

Last edited:
As a post without pictures is of small value, here is a pic from the vendor.

rise2.jpg

Super-Max factory is reportedly closed recently, but blade supply is still largely not affected. If you find that you like these, I would advise acquiring a small cache of them. I settled on the Diamond Edge blades as these are their most advanced blade, but I will look forward to your review of these.

Interesting, I thought Super Maxes were made in India.

I notice the Rise Classic is printed as
Distributed by but not manufactured by. There is also another Rise blade that is printed Marketed by. Touted by another reviewer (different forum) for supreme sharpness, similar to the Silver Star of the Lord family. Perhaps discontinued because I've never been able to source them.

Rise Stainless.jpg

edit: I have a few tucks of the Rise Classic but have yet to try. The queue is long.

Last edited:

lasta

Blade Biter
I notice the Rise Classic is printed as
Distributed by but not manufactured by. There is also another Rise blade that is printed Marketed by. Touted by another reviewer (different forum) for supreme sharpness, similar to the Silver Star of the Lord family. Perhaps discontinued because I've never been able to source them.

View attachment 1766828

edit: I have a few tucks of the Rise Classic but have yet to try. The queue is long.
Interesting indeed!

Although, I wouldn't associate Silver Star with "supreme sharpness". :letterk1:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I don’t think that I have ever heard of them before. Thanks for bringing them to my attention. I quite like the packaging.

While looking through eBay came across a listing for this blade. Made in Bangaladesh by Vidyut Metallics Ltd. Highest quality. Platinum Super Stainless coated. Sharpest double edge razor blades on the market. So they say. Sounds good. When buying an unknown razor blade your buying a lot more than a new blade. Your buying hope. So I placed an order for a tuck from a U S seller. 10 for $1.95 USD.

‘So they say…You’re buying hope. So I placed an order…’ You had me with the first phrase!!

:popc::popc::popc:

Well this may sound dumb but the ultimate test is you using in your Razor, on your Beard. If the result are great, I would buy more if the price on 100, or 200 is great. If the Blade is a dud, well your out $2.00. Personally hoping you report they are GREAT.

I concur with sentiments above about the Rise Classic (likewise, I sourced from RBC maybe a two or three years ago), which I thought was okay ... nothing special, nothing to warrant a mass or even repeat purchase. I rated it lower than the baseline SuperMax Super Stainless which I've used in various guises.

The Rise Stainless (in the purple packaging) is a different matter - they are indeed "supreme" and I absolutely get the Silver Star Stainless comparison. I wangled a single tuck from somewhere or other and it was another couple of years before a personal stock came up for sale ... and I hoovered them up! They're mine now!

So many threads on blades.
Guess I get it, sorta.
Blades are so subjective, too many variables for each shaver. I stick with 3 different blades. Depends on the razor and the job.
Blade hunting is just a waste of time for me. But some love the hunt. I get that...sorta...
For my shaves, consistency matters..
But shaving is also about fun.
If blade hunting and den blade testing is your thing...wonderful...enjoy...& make it fun....

BFX

Top Bottom