What's new

First Time Simpson Owner

Well this week the brush RAD bug struck. I bought a Simpson Special and a Wee Scot. I know, I know, they are on the cheap side but I wish to stay married so that's how I will have to roll until a couple kids are grown. I have yet to try the Wee, but I've noticed the Special sheds like crazy. Is this normal? I have a Vulfix 1000a that I paid about $15 less for that has yet to shed a single hair. If anyone has any advice about how much these brushes actually are going to shed and if I can expect it to stop I'd appreciate it. I'm almost afraid to use them. Let me know guys!

Yeah...I bought both brand new. The special has been used twice and lost I'd have to guess about 40 hairs...which to me is a lot.

40 a shave is not acceptable if it continues. Use it for a week straight and see if it still sheds. If it does, I would contact the vender and see if they will replace it for you. Less than half dozen +/- for the first few uses is normal but when you start taking that many per lather there is something wrong.

You are giving it a good soak before using it right? Five to ten minutes minimum in warm (not hot) water

I usually shave in the shower...so it's in there till the end of the shower. Don't know if you would count that as a "soak" but it gets plenty wet. I bought it from WCS so if that's the case I hope they will work with me on it.

Give it some time, as brushes can lose hairs initially. This is normal. Give the brush a shampoo and comb it out to remove any loose hairs. Use it for a couple of weeks and if the problem persists, drop the vendor a note. WCS will make it right.

My Special in pure has shed not a sigle hair, however my Duke 2 in best shed at leat 2 dozen in the first month but has now stopped.

Most of my Simpsons stopped shedding within a week or so. When I get a new brush I'll do 2-3 bowl lathers and let the brush sit loaded with lather for an hour or two each time. I find that gets rid of a lot of loose ones. I'd rather lose the hairs in a bowl than when I start face lathering with it.

While a Rover and Duke are my favorites, I miss my Special in Best. I decided to clear out some brushes last year and now find myself missing it. I vowed not to buy any brushes this year, but I may have to replace that one. It's a good little brush.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Less expensive brushes aren't "combed", and the initial loss of hair is normal. Continued shedding (ie: more than the occasional hair or two) isn't. Give it a while to settle in.

My Wee got used for the first time today...not a single hair came loose!!! Awesome little brush I must say.

I have 4 Simpsons including a Case, Commodore and 2 Colonels. Two I bought new, and two used. None are very expensive brushes and none have shed more than a few hairs.

If yours don't stop very quickly I would return it.

Top Bottom