What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Humberto,

I've been thinking of trying to acquire a decant of this one. From what I've read this is a great fragrance. What are your thought on Eau de Guerlain?

Hi David,
Eau de Guerlain is a Fantastic scent for summer, with a very good lasting power and projection for a cologne ( more Eau de Toilette IMHO ). It is an Aromatic citric with the Guerlain touch, that makes it original.
I love these kind of scents in summer and i will recommend it. It worth

Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir
by Christian Dior

citrus, cedar, amber, leather

I've always wanted to try this based on the idea of the citrus-mossy glory of Eau Sauvage with a little leather background. I mean, the shear idea of it is just mind-numbing, but unfortunately the fragrance fails to deliver. Instead, I get a woody citrus that's fairly typical in smell, nothing unique about it. At first it smelled like Eau Sauvage and for a few seconds, maybe a minute, there was an instant of a "leather" Eau Sauvage, but it quickly becomes a ho-hum nothing.

proxy.php

When you say "wonderful summer unisex" I envision something light, but perhaps a little on the sweet side. Can you detect the cognac? I ordered a sample of this along with my 15ml decant of Norne. Slumberhouse creates some unique fragrances and their new Pear & Olive sounded like another one that I had to try.

It is on the sweet side, the pear comes out right up front, with a bit of salt, then the hear and into the base is the Cognac along with what im perceiving as a clean musk, however, my judgment of the house compels me to reconsider if im smelling any musks at all. It could be that the Cognac is the primary basenote. It's a fun one to be sure and different than anything else i've smelled from him. I'm definitely, looking forward to giving it another few wears.

I hope you'll update us with your thoughts, too.

Dior Homme

iris, cardamom, vetiver, lavender, leather

I'm so glad I found the notes list for this one because I couldn't quite pull it out. It smells like a sweet, woodsy something or other with vanilla in the background so I'm surprised to find things like ... well, almost the entire notes list. Cardamom is perhaps the only note that rings in this one, the rest not so much. In fact, I'm immediately reminded of Dolce & Gabbana Blue for Him and l'Instant pour Homme by Guerlain - although of the three I like this best. Unfortunately, Dior Homme smells to modern, too hip, too trendy, too sweet, and very very "not me." Does anyone else think this is "trying too hard"?

proxy.php

Very interesting take, Chris.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Accords: Green, Herbal, Soft Spicy, Fruity, Musky
Notes: White Sagebrush, Green Peach, Moonshine, Trail Grass

Chose to wear this today because several reviews say this is a scrubber and it is a holiday with only a couple people in the office...yep it's a scrubber alright! I can see where some folks get the horse manure, but that would be a compliment. Smells more like halitosis to me and it triggers a similar gag reflex. Tried washing it off with dish soap and even tried windex to no avail. Could not find any sort of scrub brush in the office kitchen either. Just hope I can scrub it off when I get home or that it at least wears off by tomorrow morning. This frag would certainly make a great "gag-gift".

Indie Scents Week
Smell Bent Saddle Warmer (2009) - Monday
Smell Bent Debonair (2009) - Tuesday
Lisa Kirk Revolution (2010) - Wednesday
Eastwest Bottlers Moonshine (2011) - Thursday
Dawn Spencer Hurwitz Hand of Buddha (2011) - Friday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom