What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Slumberhouse - pear & olive

Wonderful summer unisex Saturday scent
When you say "wonderful summer unisex" I envision something light, but perhaps a little on the sweet side. Can you detect the cognac? I ordered a sample of this along with my 15ml decant of Norne. Slumberhouse creates some unique fragrances and their new Pear & Olive sounded like another one that I had to try.

Dior Homme

iris, cardamom, vetiver, lavender, leather

I'm so glad I found the notes list for this one because I couldn't quite pull it out. It smells like a sweet, woodsy something or other with vanilla in the background so I'm surprised to find things like ... well, almost the entire notes list. Cardamom is perhaps the only note that rings in this one, the rest not so much. In fact, I'm immediately reminded of Dolce & Gabbana Blue for Him and l'Instant pour Homme by Guerlain - although of the three I like this best. Unfortunately, Dior Homme smells to modern, too hip, too trendy, too sweet, and very very "not me." Does anyone else think this is "trying too hard"?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Temperature in the 90's and I am going for a 40 mile ride on my tricycle so we'll see how long this frag lasts me today...it was still rock'n after an hour, but by the time I finished my ride at the 2 hour mark there was not a trace to be found. I drenched myself (5-6ml) with this stuff before leaving too, but the sweat just washed it all away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom