What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creed Virgin Island Water

Marched in a parade with the boy and his scout pack today. Very hot and sticky, and this stuff got a little cloying. The smell of tanning lotion, ocean, and margherita was a bit much. Got a decant of it for vacation last year. I would never buy a bottle of it, more of a fun scent. I'd go with Set Sail St Barts over this if I wanted a bottle of something in the same realm.

$177681.jpg

So is Guerlain a niche or a designer fragrance? Guerlain doesn't make clothing and lots of other "designer" goods that most designer fragrance houses, do, although Guerlain does produce makeup, and some Guerlain frags, including Vetiver, are widely available, including at most department stores.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Accords: Citrus, Vanilla, Mossy, Earthy, Powdery, Floral
Notes: Neroli, Sweet Orange, Oakmoss, Vanille

Orange and Vanilla and heavy on the vanilla, it comes across as a gourmand. I am not really that into gourmands and I certainly do not want to smell like vanilla. It was the neroli which attracted me to this frag, but the vanilla ruins it for me. If you like vanilla frags and you also like orange then you might enjoy this one. Lasts about 12 hours on my skin and 2 days on my clothing.

deb·o·nair also deb·o·naire (db-nâr)
adj.
1. Suave; urbane.
2. Affable; genial.
3. Carefree and gay; jaunty.

Indie Scents Week
Smell Bent Saddle Warmer (2009) - Monday
Smell Bent Debonair (2009) - Tuesday
Lisa Kirk Revolution (2010) - Wednesday
Eastwest Bottlers Moonshine (2011) - Thursday
Dawn Spencer Hurwitz Hand of Buddha (2011) - Friday

Last edited:
Today I have thrown the entire world into chaos by switching from my VIBR to Pinaud Clubman. If there is suddenly a lack of gravity in your section of the world you can place the blame on me for switching my fragrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom