What's new

Any love for the Simpson Emperor 1?

I bought a Simpson Emperor 1 on a whim about 8 months ago and I'm totally in love with it. Some other brushes sneak into my rotation from time to time, but the Emperor is my go-to brush. I think the reason it works so well for me is that I usually add water to my lather by giving my brush a dunk in some water and the small brush gives me a little more control over how much water I'm adding to the lather.
I'm always surprised that this brush doesn't get more accolades on here. Is anyone else a fan of the miniscule monarch?

Thanks for the inspiration! I have been a little lax in rotating a couple of my smaller brushes out of the back of the cabinet, but this little sweetheart gets the job in the morning. A wonderfully elegant handle and a terrific little 2-Band knot........ what's not to like?

proxy.php

$Emperor 3 2-band Super.jpg

The Emperor is my most recent Simpson acquisition. I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment. It rocks! I am a very happy camper on the days the "paintbrush" is in the rotation. (Like today!)

I think you're probably onto something there. The price is kind of hard to swallow for a brush that size.

I think I also love mine so much because of the handle. Simpson seems to have gotten the ergonomics just right on this one. I've got big hands, but this brush just feels perfect.

I use my Emperor 2 as part of my rotation. They are a very nice brush; I especially like the turn of the handle:

[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the simplicity of the emperor line. The handle feels good in the hand and that little knot works. Much love here

I too bought a Emperor 1 on a whim a while back, and was fairly shocked/disappointed when I opened the box. I forgot that the number corresponded with the size, and that it would be a smaller brush, especially considering the price. But even with my first use, I was shocked at how fantastic it was. Great lathering ability, lots of control. I don't know exactly what it is about the brush, but I always look forward to it when it comes up in the rotation.

Top Bottom