What's new

Automatic watches

Lots of great advice. I have both New Sieko 5's as well as two vintage (mid 70's) models that are still running great. I wear different watches every day, so I always have to reset my auto's as I have just a single watch winder. I had great luck with ebay actually. Great model, and great way to get into automatic watches, so says the guy that started with one and now has 12 watches, most automatics, or kinetics.

Marty

Lots of great advice. I have both New Sieko 5's as well as two vintage (mid 70's) models that are still running great. I wear different watches every day, so I always have to reset my auto's as I have just a single watch winder. I had great luck with ebay actually. Great model, and great way to get into automatic watches, so says the guy that started with one and now has 12 watches, most automatics, or kinetics.

Marty

+1.... is there something similar to the AD or RAD?? :p

Yeah, most definitely. I have it! One week after spending 2,500 RMB on a Suunto Vector, I started looking for a "standard" watch. I'm really liking the Swatch Black Decency. Looks perfect to me.

Attachments

• $suunto-vector-wristop-computer-watch.jpg
    $suunto-vector-wristop-computer-watch.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 47
  • $Ygs749g- black decency.jpg
    $Ygs749g- black decency.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 47
Very similar, I get bitten by the watch bug even more. I am always looking. My budget is very low, so I am really budget conscious. I found a old hand wind Timex at a local thrift store...works great. I guess I shouldn't say the Seiko 5 got me started, it was actually my Grandfathers Pocket watch that my mom gave me, that really got me going.

Marty

I love my Seiko 5. I've been wearing it for many years now, through two wars. It gains and loses from time to time, but generally that means adjusting every couple of months. If you get one based upon the Seiko 7S26 movement, you'll be a bit happier than with other movements if you are a tinkerer - it is much better documented, and a hobby watchmaker's favorite ever since Make: magazine published an article about the movement several years ago.

Top Bottom