What's new

Need information on a Hoffritz Razor (non-slanted version)

Looking for some information on a German Hoffritz razor (closed comb, non-slanted version). Are they basically just an older rebranded version of the 34 HD (made by Merkur) or do they predate Merkur? I have heard they were adjustable (similar to the Progress), is this true? Does the aggressiveness of the Hoffritz shaver differ significantly from the current Merkur 34 HD? Thanks.

Attachments

• $vintage-safety-razor-hoffritz-1960s_200675440046.jpg
    $vintage-safety-razor-hoffritz-1960s_200675440046.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 138
Hoffritz was an American company and that razor is a rebranded Merkur razor. They are not adjustable like the Progress. Should shave similarly to a 34HD.

The Hoffritz may be a rebranded Merkur, but it is most definitely not like the contemporary 34C. The head geometry and shave quality are like night and day with the Hoffritz being a much more aggressive razor. I don't know if there is an older Merkur model in existence with the same head as the Hoffritz, because I have only ever seen slants or open combs when it comes to the the vintage Merkur razors.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Wow! That is MUCH more different thank I was expecting. Thanks to everyone for the input and especially the photos.

Top Bottom