What's new

FS Razors and Shavettes

Here are some shaving items that need a new home:

RazoRock Stainless Steel Stealth Slant V.4

IMG_0786[1].JPG

The "SSSS" is a copy of the Globusmann helical slant. It is a very smooth and mild shaver. It's also a massive chunk of steel! Comes with accessory stand as shown. US$50.00, plus shipping.

2. RazoRock "German 37"

IMG_0789[1].JPG

The German 37 is a copy of the Merkur 36. Huh? Well, the 36 was the three-piece version and the 37 is the two-piece version. This is a three-piece razor. Like the Merkur 37 and its siblings it is a close and fairly mild shaver. This one comes with the Bulldog handle. US$15.00, plus shipping.

Peroni

IMG_0788[1].JPG

This is an Italian "flat" style razor like the Razorine and Flatboy and some others. The stem has a ball joint so it can be set as a regular DE or as a tilted slant. Much used, but still in the game. US$15.00, plus shipping.

Gem Micromatic Open Comb (MMOC)

IMG_0790[1].JPG

Used but not worn. Very smooth action, all teeth and blade stops in good condition. Minor brassing. Bumps. A good using example of this fine design! US$20.00, plus shipping.

iKon Shavecraft 102 (Head Only)

IMG_0787[1].JPG

The fabled Shavecraft 102 tilted slant. This one is in excellent condition. A very fine shaver. US$20.00, plus shipping.

Two Clone Shavettes

IMG_0785[1].JPG

The wood handled one is a clone of the Feather SS; the plastic handled one is a clone of the Kai "Luffy." Both decent razors, very similar. $US25.00 for the pair, plus shipping.

Terms:
Prices as marked. Shipping from Canada to you will be determined once I know what you want. Payment via PayPal Goods & Services. Please PM for questions and further discussion.

NOTE: If someone wants it all, I'm happy to sell it all as one lot. Saves me a bunch of fooling around with boxes and postages!

The price for the whole shebang to one buyer: US$100.00, plus shipping.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Firm interest expressed in the SSSSV4, iKon 102 and German 37.

Peroni, MMOC and shavettes still up for grabs.

O.H.

Old Hippie

Monday Afternoon Update:

Firm interest in the SSSS, Peroni, G37, iKon 102. I also have a reserve buyer for all of those waiting in the wings. :)

The MMOC and the shavettes are still unclaimed.

O.H.

Old Hippie

Trying to understand how that Peroni works…

I think of it as two separate "systems." One is the head, which doesn't bend the blade much. The other is the handle. There's a spring in the handle to keep tension on the collet that holds the ball joint. I thought that ball joint idea was pretty nifty, however in my case I discovered that too much choice wasn't ideal.

I was noodling the idea of getting a nice modern head, a short handle, and a little locking ball joint and making a "Phoni Peroni" for myself that might shave better. Then I priced out the parts and realized I wasn't that interested. :)

O.H.

I think that the M. Peroni is actually French, not Italian. I believe that the plate and cap are very similar to the Gibbs Adjustable but with the added bonus that it takes standard blades.

Old Hippie

Thursday morning...

The SSSSv4, iKon 102 and Peroni are all sold.

The German 37 has firm interest.

The MMOC and shavettes are still available.

O.H.

Old Hippie

Friday:

The MMOC and the shavettes are still available. Everything else is sold.

O.H.

Top Bottom