What's new

Shave Cream -Scooper/Dipper

After looking through the threads I saw several references to different things being used to scoop or dip out some shave cream, instead of using ones finger, or swirling the brush atop the cream... So first, I stole one of the cheese/jelly spreaders from the SWMBO's collection of these things. They come in just about every one of those gift baskets that you see at Christmas. Ahhhh nice wood handle, nice small blade to scoop with, life was goooooood :smile:
Then SHE saw it in the "Shave Den" :cursing: life was bad again !!!!
So as I was browsing around today at my favorite classic shaving supply store, (Walmart Housewares Dept) what do I see?????? :w00t: Six, yes six, SS butter knives, for $1, yep, thats one whole buck, so I says to myself, "Yep, I can do it, those knives, plus one grinder, and I'll make my own cream dipper :lol: :lol: :lol:
So after using 3 of the knives to try different approaches to this dilemma, I decided that this was the one that worked the best :biggrin:
Now keep in mind, this project had some serious R&D costs involved, so if you guys want some of these "Very Rare Antique Vintage Shave Cream Ladles" I'm going to have to figure that into the retail price :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I actually made 3 of them, one I left part of the blade on and rounded it out but I think I like this one the best :001_wub:

Glen

hehe nice looking contraption!

I too use a cheese spreader. :biggrin: It has a nice red and round ceramic handle and its edges are dull. I bought it myself for myself, so it is beyond the autority of SWMBO. :001_tt2:

Perfectly bent to pick up exactly a snurdle...simply amazing. So...how much? I wanna get in on the ground floor of this operation and I'm guessing that mean buying one. I want exclusive rights to Texas...k? :biggrin:

I use either a spreader, small butter knife, or the trowel type spreader. Prior to spreading I sprinkle some hot water droplets-with my hand-in a shaving mug. I apply the shave cream with the spreader, mostly around the sides. I wet my brush and use it to brush off the excess shave cream from the spreader, & then dip it in the mug & mix it til I have a nice lather. :smile:

Perfectly bent to pick up exactly a snurdle...simply amazing. So...how much? I wanna get in on the ground floor of this operation and I'm guessing that mean buying one. I want exclusive rights to Texas...k? :biggrin:

Due to the interest of our soon to open Texas operation the R&D department spent huge sums of $$$ and went back to the drawing board, with the idea of improving the Scooper/Dipper to be able to measure out exactly One Snurdle of shave cream. Also after extensive testing the original design was found to be leaving trace amounts of precious cream in the engraving so this is the new and improved model now named Snurdle Dipper 1.2 As you can see the ergonomics have been improved and the dipper end is now smooth so that no shave cream will be wasted :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Glen

Glen, those are very very classy!!
Looks much much nicer than the C&E tube key I use!!

Awesome job!!

How about the "Infinity" Snurdle Dipper 1.2 ?:biggrin: :biggrin:

When do the stocks become public?:biggrin:

Wait.... A SNURDLE?!? I always thought it was a SMURDLE!!! No wonder I always have so much lather left over... I've been using the wrong size scooper!! :w00t:

proxy.php

Actually it is a SHIZZLE! Nice project! It does one's heart good to see that there is no insanity departing too far from the accepted to even slow the rabid wet shaver! :wink2:

Man. After all this talk, I feel guilty about simply using my fingers the dip out shaving cream. :blushing:

I didn't know about this type of tool.

You mean mashing the brush in the cream until my knuckles are covered is a bad thing? Funny, my soaps seem to last forever while my creams are good for a week, tops.

You mean mashing the brush in the cream until my knuckles are covered is a bad thing? Funny, my soaps seem to last forever while my creams are good for a week, tops.

I guess I am uncouth. I use my finger. :biggrin:

How about a teaspoon? Works perfectly for me.

OMG how have you guys survived without the Absolutely Amazing!!!! New and Improved !!!! Snurdle Dipper 1.2 :lol: :lol: :lol: I am surprised that you can even use shave creams without one :biggrin: You better hurry and get yer orders in !!!!!

Having Way Toooooo Much Fun
Glen :wink:

OMG how have you guys survived without the Absolutely Amazing!!!! New and Improved !!!! Snurdle Dipper 1.2 :lol: :lol: :lol: I am surprised that you can even use shave creams without one :biggrin: You better hurry and get yer orders in !!!!!

Having Way Toooooo Much Fun
Glen :wink: [/COLOR]

Good Marketing:001_smile

Top Bottom