What's new

The last of the Mühle R99

The very last of the Mühle R99 Nickel DE Razor Boxes

I was looking for the R99, to put my R89 to rest in once I have a Mühle R41.
Looked at the Mühle site: nothing.
Looked at big shave shops online: nothing. NOTHING!!
AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH !!!!! NOOOOOoooooo's!
I have their chrome set, and this little box was a perfect match.
So I figured I needed to find the last of some stock, not wanting to travel the E(vil)-Bay path of deception.
So I first searched all Dutch shaving sites I had bookmarked. Then all European.
Then all the international ones (love Google Chrome for easy structuring of fav's in maps).
Absolutely nothing. All sold out. Then tried to Google search it. Nope. Nada.
Tons of results, nothing in stock.
Then I SEARCHED BY IMAGE...
3 Ways:
- Muhle R99
- Mühle R99
- Muehle R99
Opened most and hovered my mouse over every image... UNTIL I FOUND IT! There where a couple other stores that might have had it, but they where Hungarian and another one in a language I could not make much of.
A Belgian site had English and Flemish (a form of Dutch) as language options AND had it in store.
First some sweet (but low res) pics to prove they still have a few:
$Foto0143.jpg$Foto0149.jpg$Foto0150.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE LINK TO THE ACTUAL SITE: http://www.1barber.be
The language options can be found at the top.
You can find it by browsing their site like this, go to:
Products (top, not left side), then Accessories > Storage.
This is a direct link, but maybe in some browsers (options) it won't work.
By the way: friendly owner and very good packaging.

"Find and Ye Shall Seek"

Last edited:
Meh... it's not cheap cheap, but at about $31 (US customers don't pay VAT so it's the lower price) it's not a horrible deal for long term storage for one or two pieces that are being retired and you want to take care of them and store them safely for your heir.

Quite a history on this item:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...get-that-Muhle-R89-metal-case-anymore-can-you
Looks like Muhle had it on their site last March, then the link went dead, some stores still list it but are out of stock.

Last edited:
Nice find!

For anyone who has been looking for a Fatip/pre-2009 Mühle, they appear to still have the thin-handled, nickel plated one in stock.

In my opinion the case isn't, but depending on where you live with shipping & handling that might be a bit much.
To me it's worth it and shipping within EU isn't that high, but if you live in the USA or Canada, Australia etc. you're gonna pay a bit more for it. Question really is; how bad do you want it? Since there is a chance the R41 is a RAD killer and I have the R89 AND I have the chrome matching brush AND the chrome matching stand it's simple mathematics:
chromed brush + razor + new razor + stand = buy box
See how that works?

Meh... it's not cheap cheap, but at about $31 (US customers don't pay VAT so it's the lower price) it's not a horrible deal for long term storage for one or two pieces that are being retired and you want to take care of them and store them safely for your heir.

Quite a history on this item:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...get-that-Muhle-R89-metal-case-anymore-can-you
Looks like Muhle had it on their site last March, then the link went dead, some stores still list it but are out of stock.
Amen brother! Plus now they are all out of stock their value should increase a bit as well.

......like..........i don't believe that anyone is going to get rich by having one of these boxes down the road..........

..... i guess since i don't collect, i use everything i buy...

.... i don't see the point of collecting items that your kids are going to sell on eBay or at yard sale when you pass on......

.....those $31 can used to go towards another usable vintage razor........... but that is just me.....

I don't collect. I use it, as is says in my original post.
I only said since it is officially out of stock (and production) everywhere it's value has increased a bit.
I will be using it for my R89 > R41 rotation.
And I don't collect but IMO there is nothing wrong with a hobby.
You buy it because it is a very nice razor box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom