What's new

My Semogue 620 can beat up your ____________ .

He's a little guy, but he's tough. It seems boar brushes are making a comeback, and some gents around here have said it's their favorite brush. It's no big deal to say you like your Semogue 620 better than some $10 brush, but how does it stand up to the more expensive brushes? If you love your 620 over some other fancy brushes, say something about it!

proxy.php

I have the 610, and boy does it perform like a champion. I'd be hard pressed to choose between it and the SOC.

It's almost the same thing as the 1438, right? Or is it the same thing with a different handle?

My understanding is that the 620, 1438 and 1520 are all the same knot. A very scratchy (in a good way) boar knot. One of the wood handled brushes, probably the 1438, is on my longer-term shopping list.

The 1438 is quickly becoming my favorite brush. Breaking in like crazy, great backbone, and the tips are softer than I'd ever imagine they'd get. I'm going to get another and put the knot in another handle, I think.

That 620 pic at the begining seems not to be broken in? could do with possibly a nother few months of lathering, or is it just me? As for the 620......enough said really.

i love these brushes. they're small and for face lathering can't be beat, unless i'm using my 830 which is one of my favorite pigs

I love my 610. I don't know why, but it makes better lather than my other brushes and the size is perfect for facelathering.

That 620 pic at the begining seems not to be broken in? could do with possibly a nother few months of lathering, or is it just me? As for the 620......enough said really.

You're right. Pic taken from vintage scent website. Mine is looking a little more broken in, but it's taking its time.

It does take a little while to break in a 620, and even then it's gonna be a little scritchier than the 830. I got the 1520 because I like wooden handles with a classic look to them. I've got wooden handled brushes that I got thirty years ago when I started shaving and the finish is wearing on them but they still work well and they have that aged cool look to them.

Clayton

Top Bottom