What's new

Your source for 444 AS Balm

Where do you get it? I'd like to wait until I actually go to Portugal, but I don't see that happening until 2013. I know vintagescent.com and giftsandcare.com carry it, but who do you order from? If you live in Portugal, you are excluded from participating! Thanks!

P.S. - Cheaper is better.

It does seem to be the cheapest, and vintagescent.com is a reputable vendor. Guess I need to look no more! Thanks!

Just seeing this! :)

I just ordered 2 tubes from theportugalonlineshop.com for $9.38 Euro or $13.12 USD. It was more than 3 Euro cheaper than vintagescent.com ($12.90 Euro). Prices included shipping. I hope I didn't miss a coupon for Leon's site. Just another option for those not living in Portugal.

Last edited:
Just seeing this! :)

I just ordered 2 tubes from theportugalonlineshop.com for $9.38 Euro or $13.12 USD. It was more than 3 Euro cheaper than vintagescent.com ($12.90 Euro). Prices included shipping. I hope I didn't miss a coupon for Leon's site. Just another option for those not living in Portugal.

I still have 3 full tubes, but the O MELHOR Shaving Cream is ~1/2 the price listed on other sites, bought one of those & a couple of Veleiro Shaving Creams, site bookmarked, Thanks.

I'd rather pay the 3 Euro more and buy from someone who I speak with regularly here at B&B. After all, that's nothing more than a Latte at <enter_your_favorite_cafe_here>.

I'd rather pay the 3 Euro more and buy from someone who I speak with regularly here at B&B. After all, that's nothing more than a Latte at <enter_your_favorite_cafe_here>.

But this place says it has been around since 1249...

Is 444 Balm similar to Proraso pre-post cream in the way it goes on? Is it heavy or greasy feeling?

IMO 444 is best used mixed with some aftershave, a bit too greasy on it's own for me. Some Floid +444 is great stuff.

I wouldn't think greasy, I know too much can leave your face Sticky feeling. A small amount is all you need, whether you're applying it solo or with Aftershave, about this round > :wink2:

Yep i agree with you. On it's own it's rather nice, but just a fingernail. It gets the job done perfectly, without making it greasy. Watch out for cuts, it really stings! :) But i kinda like it!

Hi there!
i suspect you were being ironic, but that's the official date of the birth of Portugal :)

the cost of the 444 here in Portugal really depends, but i've found it from 2 to like 3.5 euros! The problem most of the times is where to find it!

Wondered who might catch that! The oldest government on the planet!

I received my package from Portugal today! It was postmarked 10/18/11 and arrived 10 days later. The two small boxes were wrapped in a couple of layers of bubble wrap, then surrounded by a layer of heavy shipping paper. More than enough packing to get to my mailbox in FL safely. Nice Friday surprise. The base of this gel feels similar to the Trumper's Limes Skin Food, but it is a clear, menthol gel. I put a little on for kicks mid day, but I'll give it a proper run tomorrow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom