What's new

What flask do you carry?

Am I one of the only few who carries a flask? I'd like to see what others carry!!! (And what you carry inside)

POST EM if you'd like.

I carry this one, usually with Lagavulin Scotch & a Sancho Panza Double Maduro:

proxy.php

Last edited:
I carry a leather wrapped flask that was given to me by a college girlfriend many moons ago. It holds Laphroig.

the Stanley mostly but when I'm going to a party, etc.. I take my Orvis flask that was a gift from the wife loaded up with Bookers.

proxy.php

I don't carry a flask, per se. I take 2 plastic, 16oz disposable cups, put one inside the other for insulation, put in about 4oz of Johnnie Walker Black and 4 ice cubes, and cover it over with a plastic baggie. By the time I get to where I'm going, the ice has sufficiently melted to open up the Scotch. Its enough for two drinks.

So I drink half of it sitting in the parking lot outside the club, go inside and see what's going on and who is there that night, then I step up to the bar and buy a JWB/rocks from The World's Best Bartender (You Rock, Karen!) ... the drink I had in the parking lot is enough to get me started, the drink that I buy from Karen will be sipped slowly over the next hour or so, and if I need more, I still have one more drink out in the car. When I'm done and ready to drive home, I toss out the plastic cups to destroy any evidence.

So every week, I get 3 drinks for the price of one. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Legion

Staff member
I have a plain stainless steel one. I don't carry it often. I think the day I admit to myself that I can never be more than an arms length from a drink.... I don't want to admit that just yet.

I have a leather wrapped flask that I got from Wilsons leather. It fits my pockets well and holds enough liquor to keep my bar tab down.

I have two eight oz stainless steel
two four oz pewter, with their own cup
one three oz silver
Which one I carry depends on if I'm
expecting to share.
If it's just my self, then often the silver one, with Lagavulin.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I received a Stainless Steel one (holds about 7oz of liquor [Hine Cognac or George Dickel's Tennessee No. 12 'Sippin' Whisky],...like the one pictured below), from my brother in-law (He said he got it from "Things Remembered" and has my initials engraved on the front 'CBJ'), many years ago as a birthday present. :lol1:

http://www.thingsremembered.com/product/Recipient/Him/Flasks/Stainless-Steel-Flask/pc/138/c/2571/sc/2644/156694.uts

Like member tsacain, I carry mine to bars "to keep my bar tab down" and to parties, outings ect... when I'm not too sure what the host has to drink. :thumbsup:

Christopher
proxy.php
"[Having a drink],… is a [great], way of ending the day". Ernest Hemingway

Attachments

• $UUVYJJCA2H0S7MCAJ3X24XCAUXFJIXCATE5WH9CAB5RH33CAB1MFJICA7FERSGCAY3E1DUCA0I13QXCAU2GXZPCAXWYGA9CA.jp
    $UUVYJJCA2H0S7MCAJ3X24XCAUXFJIXCATE5WH9CAB5RH33CAB1MFJICA7FERSGCAY3E1DUCA0I13QXCAU2GXZPCAXWYGA9CA.jp
    39.9 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
My daughter gave me a nice leather wrapped one engraved "I Love You", it is now my go to flask. Usually has Tullamore Dew in it.

I have a one liter stainless steel one flask designed to fit in my car's cup holder. I am never without it and use it all the time. I keep it full of Aristocrat vodka! <just kidding, of course, about all of that!>

I actually have a generic stainless steel flask that looks pretty much like the one in post 12. I do not think I have ever used it except when I am skiiing. Maybe for a football game when it is cold outside. I have generally had decent cognac in it--whatever I have around that is good at the time. Usually not one of the standard brands of cognac but something more obscure and interesting.

I am not sure why cognac in particular. I pretty much like all spirits.

I do not know why I do not think to bring it to "pre-game" or to other folks' parties! Sounds like a good idea.

Last edited:
That I carry? None. I do own a leather covered narrow one, but I'd be lying if I said I used it routinely.

Legion

Staff member
My grandmother used to have a walking stick with a secret compartment. In there was a sort of glass vial which was full of brandy. As a child I always thought that was kind of neat.

Am I one of the only few who carries a flask? I'd like to see what others carry!!! (And what you carry inside)

POST EM if you'd like.

I carry this one, usually with Lagavulin Scotch & a Sancho Panza Double Maduro:

proxy.php

I like the cigar holder combo - may have to hunt one down.

Top Bottom