What's new

Old Spice Mug Lids

Here are mine:

Painted with Rust-o-leum Plastic spray paint. Single coat, then sanded with 320 grit wet/dry. Painted again and let dry. I think maybe one more sanding with 400 or 600, then one more coat. I'll finish with a top coat.

I was thinking of doing a stencil of a compass rose in gold. Not sure if it'd work with the tabs on the top, though.

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• $P1020437.jpg
    $P1020437.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 353
I could only find these in white. They were almost translucent, actually! The color matches the Old Spice red almost perfectly, though.

They're 3" knock-out test caps, found very cheaply in the plumbing section of your favorite hardware store.

Just to clarify very cheaply, I got mine for I believe 69 cents each at my local DIY Superstore. :w00t::w00t:

Anything that cost less than a dollar can't be beat!!

I think they were right around 69 cents. I decided to paint them, but the white color worked VERY well...

Nice work! I sprayed mine with Krylon Fusion for plastic. Wonderful stuff, it bonds with the plastic surface and they make a red that's a dead ringer for the original lid.
I love those lids!

Thanks!

I just wish they didn't have the writing embossed on them. But, they look better than what I was using! Coffee cup lids just don't look right...

Would home depot have it?

not in CANADA. i asked, but they did not stock them.

i found the perfect size for mine though! Sobey's Brand icing container lids. we had a couple kids bdays recently, and i found they work perfect. they do NOT snap on, but just rest but fit just about exact.

the "upside down" shot is so you can see how perfect they fit.

$IMG_4544.JPG$IMG_4545.JPG$IMG_4546.JPG

Top Bottom