What's new

Two weeks in

And I think I'm getting the hang of it now, can comfortably do a 3 pass (wtg/xtg/atg) shave fairly quickly with no irritation or cuts, which ends up being better than I did with a DE. My stropping speed is getting up there, too, although I'm yet to nick my strop and I plan to keep it that way as I opted to splurge recently for a new Tony Miller strop (which is beautiful, by the way).

Just wanted to say thanks for the wealth of info available, certainly made it easy. Next up is learning to hone when my Norton stones arrive!

Keep at it, strongheart. You'll soon get even faster and faster. Just remember the golden rules...

- When in doubt...sharpen.
- When still in doubt...strop more.
- Never...under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES...get distracted whilst shaving. EVER.

^
#4) When shaving right out of the shower, always wear a towel around your waist. :letterk1:

Keep at it, strongheart. You'll soon get even faster and faster. Just remember the golden rules...

- When in doubt...sharpen.
- When still in doubt...strop more.
- Never...under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES...get distracted whilst shaving. EVER.

Your'e fast out of the gate. Took me many months - even quit once and went back. Great advice from Shangas - never get distracted whilst shaving. Stay focused.

Thats great news and very fast off the blocks. I wish I could say that shaving with a SR I get a better shave than with a DE. Not there yet after about 3 months, but improving every day.
The Nortons will keep you busy!

^
#4) When shaving right out of the shower, always wear a towel around your waist. :letterk1:

Are you saying that you became less of a man after not following that advice? *Sniggers*

Also, never shave when sleepy. If you can't concentrate fully on what you're doing, then don't start. My first and so far, only cut, came from when I was smart enough to shave at 11:00pm at night before bed and was really sleepy. One moment of inattention and I cut myself on the chin...

Top Bottom