What's new

your favorite blades in muhle r41/101 ?

Hello everyone... As a newbie, while browsing this and other forums, I noticed that people sometimes qualify their opinion of the blades based on the razor used, i.e. the same person may say that a blade X is only average (or worse) in razor Y but very good in razor Z.

While I understand that the other part of the equation - one's own face :biggrin1: - is unique to everyone and that any blade question therefore invariably ends with a YMMV quote, I would appreciate if those who use the new Muhle open combs would list their favorite blades for these razors.

It would also be interesting to know if there are any blades which you generally like but do not find quite as effective in the Muhle OC, just to see if there is some sort of a pattern, however general it may be...

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Honestly, you could probably use the responses from questions like this as entropy for a reasonably good random number generator :lol: . I don't think you'll find any pattern. Myself, any blade that I like at all (and that's most blades), I like in the R41. I don't see any difference between a blade in one razor vs the same blade in another razor. That's just my experience, of course...

So far this razor combo has been great with any blade I throw in it. So far I've tried Astra sp's, shark ss, racer, and polsilvers si's with the later giving me the closest shave, but by not much.

Shark SS. Very smooth, very long-lasting, very cheap, very cool packaging, no annoying dots of glue to rub off the razor.
Winner in my 2013 R41 with MdC, Arko stick, Proraso Green tub, Biotique Palmyra or Palmolive stick.

Astra, silver blue, polsilver have all worked wonders. i have mixed feelings on the crystal/personna line. still have not tried feather yet...

I defer to jamesspro on that one; I haven't found a blade that doesn't work well. Given that, Feather is simply a sharper, longer lasting blade.

Top Bottom