What's new

Post Your Pictures - Covered Tangs

proxy.php

Heck, I forgot I had this razor.

A recent acquisition, a Griffon Cutlery Works covered tang. The scales and tang are the same material, possibly celluloid?

It looks like it was made for a specific individual or maybe that is the person who sold these razors for Griffon Cutlery. Their name and address is on one side of the tang.

I just got it today so I will be cleaning it up and then doing my best to hone it. It doesn't need too much cleaning though thankfully. :thumbup1:

A recent acquisition, a Griffon Cutlery Works covered tang. The scales and tang are the same material, possibly celluloid?

It looks like it was made for a specific individual or maybe that is the person who sold these razors for Griffon Cutlery. Their name and address is on one side of the tang.

I just got it today so I will be cleaning it up and then doing my best to hone it. It doesn't need too much cleaning though thankfully. :thumbup1:

Nice looking blade! Looks like the scales are French Ivory. How that differs from celluloid is beyond me. Griffon made some nice shaving razors; good find!

Tim Zowada 7/8 in ivory.
I think this pic shows the craftsmanship used in doing the Tang. The tang is both dovetailed both front and back of the inserts as well as tapered so he really put some effort into this.

Attachments

• $IMG_7028.jpg
    $IMG_7028.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 175
Top Bottom