What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Twist Flake in a Fikri Baki rustic bottom freehand meerschaum...
$P1120313.jpg

Court of St James in a Randy Wiley Sea Reef Bent Dublin

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425603227.406758.jpg

This has been an exclusive VA pipe up until now. Trying to see how it does with VaPers(despite the dash of latakia in this blend)

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
New and Improved Kilroy's Mundungus (Now with Tanqueray!) in a small clay. For any newcomers wondering (and apologies to the old hands who've heard it before), Kilroy's Mundungus is my attempt to polish turds (no offense intended to those who may make or enjoy the blends in question). I started by mixing two blends that I don't like (Samuel Gawith Black XX and GLP Gaslight), hoping that their flavors would cancel each other out enough to make something I could actually enjoy. They did cancel each other out to an extent, but the result wasn't particularly good. Better, but not good enough, so I added some Captain Black Royal for some sweetness, and that was better. It had kind of a musty/sour flavor to it, but it was another step up. Then, a few days ago, I noticed it was getting pretty dry, so decided to rehydrate it. I've often seen people using whiskey or rum to rehydrate, and at the same time add some flavor, and I wondered, why not gin? So I used some Tanqueray, and waited a couple of days. And it worked. The gin got rid of that sour taste, and left a faint hint of juniper. Occasionally it clashed with some of the tobacco in the blend, but overall it was a successful experiment. I don't think the Mundungus can get any better.

And typing all that took so long that I'm now smoking Capstan in a MM hardwood Diplomat.

Top Bottom