What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

A couple bowls of C&D Pirate Kake in a Peterson Irish Harp 150 Bulldog...
$P1120324.jpg

I popped open a tin of 11 year old Escudo today. I usually save Escudo for Thanksgiving, but I figured life is getting shorter by the minute so I might as well enjoy things while I can. I have been smoking it in a small meerschaum that is just the perfect size for one rubbed out coin.

I popped open a tin of 11 year old Escudo today. I usually save Escudo for Thanksgiving, but I figured life is getting shorter by the minute so I might as well enjoy things while I can. I have been smoking it in a small meerschaum that is just the perfect size for one rubbed out coin.

I'm intrigued, why Thanksgiving? Do you pop a tin each year, or have a holiday bowl (or two) and then put it away?

I'm intrigued, why Thanksgiving? Do you pop a tin each year, or have a holiday bowl (or two) and then put it away?

I open one tin each Thanksgiving and will smoke Escudo until the tin is finished and then pop another tin the following Thanksgiving. I do this mainly because I am at my mother's home and it just adds to the good feelings to have another tradition. This past Thanksgiving I stayed home because mom was ill, so I did not feel like opening the Escudo, so I decided to open the tin now just to enjoy a good smoke.

I open one tin each Thanksgiving and will smoke Escudo until the tin is finished and then pop another tin the following Thanksgiving. I do this mainly because I am at my mother's home and it just adds to the good feelings to have another tradition. This past Thanksgiving I stayed home because mom was ill, so I did not feel like opening the Escudo, so I decided to open the tin now just to enjoy a good smoke.

Ahh, very cool--thanks for sharing!

I had some Stonehaven in a Comoy's Prima 88M meer lined Zulu for lunch. And on the ride home is some of Price's 2007 PS LNF in the BB 2014 LE.

Top Bottom