What's new

B&B group buy for Japanese kitchen knives**Update post 307**

So only one so far made a landing? I thought for sure a whole bunch of people would get them today but then again the day isn't over yet.

Glad you like your knife Jim...enjoy! :001_smile

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
there really should be a rule about posting pictures with an announcement like this

There is now-

Everyone must post a pic of their new knife, or else Santa (aka: Nick) will sneak into your house and steal them.

There is now-

Everyone must post a pic of their new knife, or else Santa (aka: Nick) will sneak into your house and steal them.

Excellent idea, I've been waiting for everybody to start showing off their new treasures, if we have to wait for you guys to cut something first we will :laugh:

Well here it is, sorry for no action shots but the food and mess got cleaned up right away, razor added for a size reference

proxy.php

Nice. Is this your first wa handled knife? How does it feel?

Yes it is my first wa handled knife, to be honest I wasn't sure how I would like it and thought it may be too big but in fact it feels really comfortable and natural, I have tried a couple ways of holding it so far and I am sure my methods need improvement but it is comfortable and works, so far I prefer a grip with my forefinger resting on top of the knife when doing precision cutting like onions or tomatoes and a full grip when cutting meat like a brisket :tongue_sm the one thing I did notice so far that I have a habit of doing on regular or western style handles is actually gripping the handle too tight which is not desirable and this wa style prevents that actaully seems more comfortable, again I think it helps that the entire knife and handle seem balanced together and not one or the other being overly heavy.

Mine arrived yesterday but I didn't get home until late so no pictures yet. I just want to thank Jon, Dave and whoever else was behind the scenes for putting this group buy together. Everything about this knife exceeds my expectations.

This too is my first Wa handled knife. I'm very excited to try it out.

Just waiting for knife group buy part deux.

Last edited:
Actually, Jim, thank you... you're the guy who's responsible for really putting this together... without your guidance and planning, none of this would have ever happened. Its really been a pleasure putting this together and i'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think of these knives once you start to use them. In the meantime... well, pretty much anytime you guys have questions, please dont hesitate to ask... about the steel, the handles, the care and maintainance, sharpening, you name it

Again, a huge thanks to Jim for bringing this all together

Oh yeah... lets not forget Dave... thanks to him, you guys will be forever lusting for sharper knives ;)

Top Bottom